CoinCorgi's Barber Quarter

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by CoinCorgi, Apr 9, 2020.

1. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

Neat.

I was at Buffalo Trace last year. Had a good sampling, but I was at Woodford earlier in the day and I came away from there really liking Woodford Reserve Double Oaked. Yum. Currenlty enjoying an Irish Whiskey Redbreast...super smoooooooooooth.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

Here's my 1902 Barber quarter, its a P not an O, and I am drinking whisky, and yes, I know how to spell it. 1902 P US 25 c obv.JPG 1902 P US 25 c rev.JPG

CoinCorgi likes this.
  4. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Nice looking Barber.

We all learn how to spell 'it' in grade school. However, whiskey is spelled with an 'e'. ;)

5. coin_nut

I agree, whiskey is spelled with an 'e'. However, whisky is spelled without an 'e'. Look it up, I know what I am talking about. Also, I was a spelling bee winner when I was a school kid.

CoinCorgi likes this.
  6. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

The word whisky (or whiskey) is an anglicisation of the Classical Gaelic word uisce (or uisge) meaning "water" (now written as uisce in Modern Irish, and uisge in Scottish Gaelic). Distilled alcohol was known in Latin as aqua vitae ("water of life")

7. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

My poor attempt at humor was obviously lost somewhere. My kids would say, 'it's your dad humor that got lost'.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. :)

8. coin_nut

OK, 10-4. I'll drink to that. Here's another two bits worth. I do not have many US coins, yet I do love them. 1894 S Barber quarter. Must have had some weird cleaning in the past. 1894 S US 25 c obv.JPG 1894 S US 25 c rev.JPG

CoinCorgi likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted