coin world article from J.Wexler

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Raizac, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

I am in this article I sent in the 2013 quarter

coinworld mag.png

Hunting Rare, dchjr and tommyc03 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

That article and this thread will create dozens of new threads by newbies searching for those varieties. :facepalm:
    Congrats on your mention!

Raizac likes this.
  4. Pete Apple

Pete Apple Well-Known Member

Nice! Which issue of CW is this?

Raizac likes this.
  5. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

September 16th

Pete Apple likes this.
  6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Strange that John is not getting back to me on my submission from last October. It's been nearly a year and my messages have gone unanswered. I knew he was not well but this recent article tells me he is still at the microscope. Has anyone else gotten submissions back since last year?

7. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

I found another 2013 fort McHenry wddr-003 shortly after I got this quarter back from Wex

8. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

yes here is his email to me
    Hello Robert,

I want to humbly apologize for the length of time that it has taken to process the package of coins that you sent postmarked April 22, 2019. As you know, when coins arrive here the package is placed in the processing line in the order of their postmark date. As per the attribution guidelines, it may take 4 to 6 weeks for a package to make it to the front of the processing line. This is when things are going well.

However, things have not been going well on several fronts including some personal setbacks not the least of which is Parkinson’s Disease. The tremors associated with the disease have made it increasingly difficult to hold coins under the microscope to examine them or photograph them. Typing an e-mail or a letter has become equally troublesome as I constantly have to go back to correct misspelled words.

Also on the health front is the fact that on March 11 I underwent total knee replacement surgery for my left knee. After a brief three-day hospital stay I was unable to do steps until physical therapy rehab started a week later. Of course, my office is in our basement which is accessible only from a full flight of steps. Although I was sidelined, the mail continued to pour in.

Then thanks to some YouTube videos that have been encouraging people to send their coins to me the flood gates have opened and the processing line is longer than it has ever been. Right now I am overwhelmed but I hope to get back to some degree normalcy within the next few weeks. I want to thank you for your kindness, patience, and understanding during this difficult period of time. I am sure that the wait has been very frustrating for you. I can assure you that the delays have been equally frustrating for me.

Coin #3 is a 2013-P Maryland quarter that is indeed a doubled die that I already have listed as 2013-P 25¢ MD WDDR-003. It can be seen on the appropriate page of my website. Since it is a very nice find I plan to use it in my Varieties Notebook column in Coin World. It is scheduled to appear in the column in the September 16, 2019 issue.

Once again I apologize for the delay in getting your package processed. Good luck with all of your collecting efforts.

Sincerely,

John A. Wexler

tommyc03 likes this.
  9. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

@tommyc03
    read post above

tommyc03 likes this.
  10. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Thank you. It's good to know that he is still active. There was really only one coin I was concerned about. It was a bold 1968 S Roosevelt dime doubled die that I could not find in his files. Appreciate your response.

Raizac likes this.
  11. Pete Apple

What was the date on this letter, please?

12. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

Aug 2 2019

Pete Apple likes this.
  13. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

and plz just because he was able to reply to me does not mean that is healthy enough to get to your coin's or to respond to your email's he has stage 4 Parkinson’s Disease so plz give him time to get to you

tommyc03 and TyCobb like this.
  14. Pete Apple

Thank you! I know we all wish him the very best going forward!

tommyc03 likes this.
  15. Hunting Rare

Hunting Rare Active Member

Is this article in the actual magazine "Coin World"? Or just an online/digital publication of some sort?

16. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

Well, both, actually. It's on page 32 of the print edition which is also available (to subscribers) on the Coin World web page in a digital format.

Hunting Rare likes this.
  17. Hunting Rare

Hunting Rare Active Member

So just for future reference, PRINT EDITION means that actual real magazine I see at my local Barnes and Noble?

18. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

Draft saved Draft deleted