Coin without any number/figure?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ErolGarip, Jul 17, 2017.

1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Very enlightening. Why can't you post more 'posts' like this? Interesting and informative........

Kentucky likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

4. green18

5. green18

6. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

7. green18

8. ErolGarip

ErolGarip Active Member

Are you cordial or serious in your these words? What/how informative was my previous post? Yes, I made my own comment (on history of the word "Tugra" which is "horse/dog tag" that is hardly available on the net), but, this was only a little info about that coin @Kentucky posted. All info about it including that "tugra", caligraphic signature/stamp, on the Observe is already available on the internet. If "sourcing" info on the net is an interesting and informative, ok, I can do that from time to time. However, it seems that you have not realized yet that this thread and posts in it are informative enough, not available anywhere on the net. For example, lets read this post:

It is a simply post, but, informative and interesting post. Ok, for you, "penny vs cent" may not be interesting as you might have alreadybeen familiar with this "vs". But, for me, it is a new thing. And, moreover, for you and for me and for all here, it is a good informative post, "he has 1 cent coin" that is informative, you do not hear it everywhere on the net, I have heard only from a person or two.

9. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Cents = money...

19356699-shiny-new-pennies.jpg 5384238-large-pile-of-shinny-american-lincoln-pennies.jpg

10. green18

Final Countdown.........good flick
    Oh kripes, knock it off Erol. You've proven yourself lucid and able. Continue the endeavor.

11. green18

Both.........

12. ErolGarip

ErolGarip Active Member

If it is money, why don't people have it in their pockets? even though billions of them are minted.
    Of course, I do agree with you, it is money, and also, it is coin. That's it can be place-able in the pocket.

But, even if the cent is money, it is still a little different than all other money (notes and coins.)
    It is that difference which has been making its circulation so difficult that some countries such as US and Germany are "flooding" it without a success in circulation and some/many countries have already stopped producing it. Think about it, a little more, you can see the contradiction about the cent all over the World without any exception place.

13. green18

I need another bloody scotch........and apologies to Erol, as I know his people don't imbibe. Revolutionized and created distilled spirits, but non partake. In the opinion of this minuscule moron, you folks would be better off having a shot or two.

CoinCorgi likes this.
  14. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Amen to that.

CoinCorgi likes this.
  15. ErolGarip

ErolGarip Active Member

On this forum, as of Oct. 7, 2017, there are
    298,588 Threads...
    2,843,144 posts...

20 posts on every pages, so, there are 142157 pages.

In this 1 thread in 298,588 threads, there are 494 posts and 25 pages.
    So, this one thread is about one in three hundred tousands and pages/posts numbers is one in ten tousands.

I wrote these, for those who may not "like" this thread, so that they may prefer to stay away from this thread as these figures above are negligible in total.

Some may consider this thread as an off-topic thread or irrelevant to the coin topic which is the main topic of the CT forum. If moderators here consider same, they are free of course to delete this thread.

Some may also find this thread as an unserious thread. Yes, there are also some posts such as "page counting like 25, etc", in this thread which are not so serious posts, but, they were posted by a few people here, by same few people, they are not my posts. My posts are serious. I guess majority of viewers, members and non-members too consider so whether they find absurd or not. My posts are so serious that I also informed (by email) a professor or two in math and archaeology, an old engineer over 80, a big company accountant, and its boss, a factory manager, etc. who don't know each others, so, they may be viewing this thread. Maybe, they are not registered members to response in this thread, but, they may be reading here and making some comments by emails.

As a conclusion, those who consider this thread as irrelevant to the coin can stay out of this thread and if there are moderators among "those" who think same like they do, they can close and/or delete this thread.

Having said these, I'll continue.

Lets do a scaling:

$1.00 ... $0.01

If you are more interested in "$1.00", welcome to this "Support Coin Talk" thread:
    https://www.cointalk.com/threads/support-coin-talk.7970/

If you are more interested in "$0.01", you are here in this thread, welcome. In this thread, you can also do some rambling, as long as it is around the $0.01, in another words, the basic coin and/or "$1.00."

If you are not interested in either of these "$1.00" and $0.01", there are about 300,000 threads on the forum where you can talk and also you can start another new thread.

I guess, things with this thread is clear now.

Now, a question: Is there any challenge between "$1.00" and "$0.01" ?

16. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

In the beginning the thread had meaning and it was interesting. However, for the last 20 pages, you have made no new claims or points. You ramble on about a 1 cent coin in a pocket. That is why you are getting flack and ridicule. Most people now only read the new posts to see what comment will be made after a redundant post about 1 cent coin. How can a challenge be made concerning your new question about $1.00 and $0.01? It makes no "CENTS" as well.

17. ErolGarip

ErolGarip Active Member

In the beginning, starting post was about learning the "numerals on the coins", on ancient coins as well as on modern coins. We have learnt enough, however, not finished, people may still post some coins with/out numerals as they've also done from time to time also in pages in between 10-20th pages.

Do you see thread has become different than the beginning? No, there is no disconnection between the beginning and the rest of thread. We including myself are learning here the coin and what makes it a money is strictly related to the "numerals". Note that, here in this thread, "money" is not the money in "price", it is the money "itself" and a coin is money itself only when it has numeral on it. Right? A coin without numerals can still be considered as "money", but, in that case, it is "money in the price" rather than "money itself." Here, in this thread, "money in the price" which is economy related is not being talked. Coins with numeral have this small, but, significant difference from coins with no-numeral. Coin with numeral tells it is "money itself" while coin without numeral tells it is "money in price". And, how can you have a "number" in your pocket? You can have a number in your pocket only if it is a coin with a numeral. And, without having basic counting number which is "one", having "a hundred from one" is an imaginary thing. That is, in figures, without one piece $0.01, i.e. without "one cent", $1.00 is an imaginary hundred pieces. So, $0.01 or "one cent", which is a coin with a numeral "1" or in words "one" is a "reference" coin if I use engineering/physics language or "constant" coin if I use mathematics language. All these also are about being "careful" about the "integrity" which takes us also to the "work safety". So, all those ramblings you said in this thread that look chaotic have actually an order in itself, that can also be called as "deterministic chaos" in chaos language.

Anyway. I guess, this too is clear now. That said, lets stay at this "$1.00" and "$0.01". When you stop a walking person on the roadside and show this figure $1.00 (without showing $0.01) what's his immediate reaction/response? And then, when you show the figure $0.01 what's his response? His two responses won't be same. When $1.00 is shown he'll talk about the "money" and when $0.01 is shown he'll talk about the "coin". I've done some experiments/survey on this and these are their reactions/responses. So, it seems that there is a "discontinuity" in their views/perceives about this that causes them to find themselves in a challenge.

Ps: I am aware of that I have not many words in my English vocabulary in my mind, so, I may not be using "perfect" words to explain things. But, this isn't the only problem, it is not easy to tell it also in the language I use here everyday. There is another problem in explaining these, there is no available terminology about such things. So, I am trying to use analogies, etc to known words/figures/etc to explain all these "new" things which are actually not new. All these can be considered like searching/discovering a thing lost in the chaos which occupied their views of people about the money/coin.

18. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Wow. You are so great.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  19. ErolGarip

ErolGarip Active Member

20. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I wish everyone was as cool as you.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  21. ErolGarip

ErolGarip Active Member

Then, don't waste your time here.
    And, no need to waste byte here to say that.
    Good evening.

Draft saved Draft deleted