Coin Trackers

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by JustinCoins, Oct 17, 2016.

1. JustinCoins

JustinCoins Member

Hey everybody, I've been using coin trackers to check the value of most regular coins, is that a pretty good site to use? Or is there one that everybody thinks is better?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Coinlover67

Coinlover67 Well-Known Member

I used when I was just starting out. I like it for the value of silver that it has for the coins,but as I learned more I came to realize that some of their prices where a touch high. A good recommendation would be a copy of the red book, the PCGS Price Guide, NGC Price Guide, Numismedia, Ebay and occasionally the major auction sites on high grade or rare pieces. When I am either looking to buy something or value it is nice to check all of them and get a feel of what the market is like. You have the Red Book as kind of a base them the online price guides as a current trend in the market and finally Ebay to see what people are actually paying.

Sent from my A463BG using Tapatalk

4. JustinCoins

JustinCoins Member

Ok, cool cool, thank you. I appreciate the info, I kinda got the same impression myself. Sometimes it seemed pretty accurate, and sometimes it just seemed a bit high, and other times, it seemed super low, for instance, I have a 1944 d silver nickel and even on the site it says that there is like $0.98 worth of silver in it. But, then it says that in average condition it's only worth 10¢. That seemed a little weird to me.

5. Coinash

Coinash New Member

I have a 1999 one cent like silver

6. John WilkinsonCT

John WilkinsonCT New Member

I use cointrackers 1st because they are easy to follow. [The Spruce can NOT figure them out YET! Then....maybe it is only I haven't spent the TIME to CLICK! Idk!]....however.....I do not believe tbeir info. I mean, 1962 uncir Lincoln Pennies $29.00 one give-me-a-break!
    Then,,,,they will undervalue "common" coins such as (my favorites) Jefferson Nickels 1970 and back. 1960 Jefferson Nickels in the normal wear = .05 value give me a break! I wouldn't sell any of mine less than .95 one. And I have a vast collection but you are talking six or seven years since I started re-collecting.
    The wheathead pennies are greatly undervalued too at 'normal wear'. I sell any common wheathead at .45cents one. I have bought them as high as .40 one.
    I collect only low end Jefferson N; Wheats; "Estate pennies" = '82 and back Lincolns. Silver (of course) [$6.50 will sell one Q., & this going up]
    Countrackers in their "notes" are NOT seriuous. *Joyous.....yeah! Plus...you will SEE IT them calling billion million. AND, they list not much value differences between populations 1/2 as much. I don't get it.
    My friend John Cass very much expert uses the RED BOOK for best. But even there I find all coin sites "undervalue". Not talking it here uncirculated that is "different game". On the rare coins maybe they do hit it better.
    I came to the site today to ask about 1982-S Washington Quarter. I don't see any PROOF Pop. And yet I am holding what looks to be a slightly corrupt 1982-S proof Washington Quarter.
    Strange.....

7. John WilkinsonCT

John WilkinsonCT New Member

John Wilkinson in CT. edited Fb I am Theblade as association John theblade Wilkinson boxer (ret) 'all' 54 won 26 1 draw (27 losses) KO,s 11 KO by 0 Rsc losses 3 (41 amateur) 3 (13 pro) KD ("myself" = me) 4X (41) 6X (13) ARMY V Corp champion ]]1977[[ New Britain and Hartford, CT.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted