Coin surface identification

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by usmc60, Mar 24, 2017.

1. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Here we have a BU 2016-p FORT Moultrie right out of the box. The overs is a normal strike but the reverse has some problems. I've tried getting the best photos that I can. At first I thought a worn die still possible. But what has me is that the reverse finish has the look of a light chemical treatment take a look and let me know what you think.

This photo is with a filter to give you an idea of the surface.:rolleyes::blackalien:
    ct3-24-6f-1.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Hey Mike it's surprising you didn't jump in on this one. I find it unusual especially on CT to post a coin that nobody has their opinions on. I personally have not seen a quarter out of the thousands of quarters that I've examined that's had a finish like this. And if you take pick 2b and take a close look at the purplish on the left side of the coin and the little purpleish on the right side you will find especially interesting. Hey Peter how many members on coin talk have posted a photo of a error coin with no opinions being offered.USMC60

4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The images are not in focus. It's hard to know what the surfaces actually look like.

5. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Well that's about the best focus you're going to get with a two megapixel camera. Photo number 7G of the soldiers upper body is in the best focus that's exactly like the whole surface of the reverse on this coin:snaphappy::blackalien: PS Let me just say except for the first two full size photos the rest of the photos are in focus that's exactly what the surface of the reverse on this coin looks like. That is why am asking opinions. Out of the thousands of quarters I've looked at I never seen a feature look like that on a coin that's why I'm asking for opinions.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted