Coin store robbery caught on video.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Johndoe2000$, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    Collecting Nut likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I hope that slimeball cut his wrists on the glass.

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

A child would have done a better job than this guy. He couldn't even unlock the door.

5. calcol

calcol Supporter! Supporter

Yeah, it was posted earlier. Seem to recall that several cointalk members identified it as Julian Leidman's store. Cal

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  6. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

There was a store here that was robbed a few years ago.
    There were a few robbers, they hit him over the head stole gold etc.
    He shot and killed one of them. He was dying at the hospital with gold bars falling out of his pockets. Since then his place has been locked up tight and will only see people by appt. Reading reviews on the net, it seems he might not
    be a nice guy. That's neither here nor there. I had wanted to check his store out
    after my regular LCS disappeared in the middle of the night. I had been going to him for many years buying and selling. I show up one day and the store is empty with no forwarding address etc.
    He used to complain about EBay, so if he didn't sell his store/inventory perhaps he's selling there. I've stopped patronizing EBay a few years ago.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  7. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  8. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

9. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Julian has been robbed twice while attending coin shows as well. If memory serves, the last one happened when he left his coins in his car while going in a restaurant to eat.

10. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

That happens frequently, and has been happening frequently for over 60 years.

11. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Criminals are often smart and cool in the movies... but it seems that’s not the case in real life :)

12. Collecting Nut

When I lived in Seattle a man broke a basement window and climbed in. He was trying to rob the bank. He cut his arm on the glass. The door to the room he was in was locked from the other side. There was a phone in the room and nothing else. He couldn't reach the window to get out so he called 911. After a trip to the hospital he was taken to jail.

13. Collecting Nut

Another idiot backed his pickup truck into a 7-11 parking lot. They kept their safe in the front window. The clerk was filling the cooler so this guy walked in and attempted to rob them. When the clerk came out he called the police. When the police arrived they found the thickness drove off and a heavy chain around the safe. The other end of the chain was attached to his bumper along with his license plate.

Draft saved Draft deleted