Coin Star Reject Bin Finds this AM

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by SchwaVB57, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Nice haul. I only found 12¢ in mine last week and the dime was a Canadian dime. : (

Kentucky and SchwaVB57 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mike Thorne

Mike Thorne Well-Known Member

Great find, as all the others have said. My latest CoinStar find can't touch yours, but it was a winner for me. It was a well-circulated (VG-F, no damage) 1943-S cent. I showed it to my wife, told her about it, she tested it with a magnet on my instructions, and then she said: "That was the year I was born!" So I gave it to her, and now she can figure out what to do with it.

SchwaVB57 likes this.
  4. DarkRage666

DarkRage666 Ͳìɾҽժղҽʂʂ Ͳąҟҽղ ටѵҽɾ

$2,112 for you buddy

5. Wizank

Wizank Well-Known Member

So, do you just walk up to the coinstar machine and shake it? Doesn't the store try to stop you?

6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

There's a coin-return hole on the front of the machine, right there in front of everybody. That's what people refer to as the "reject bin". I'm not sure why some people don't check it when they're using the CoinStar.

For that matter, I'm not sure why anyone is willing to pay 11% for the privilege of turning change into paper money.

7. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

It's a lingering mystery particularly as for the last 5+ years Coinstars have had a hand graphic on the screen telling you to check the reject slot. I attributed this "update" to the subsequent massive and abrupt decline I experienced in finding coins in the reject slot no matter what location I went to after it was made; however, I never gave up in checking and mysteriously the finds have returned with some frequency over the last year.

People are often lazy and like the convenience than taking the time to roll them. I have a family member who keeps a transparent flower vase of cents in their kitchen. When it gets around 85% full off to the Coinstar it goes. The exception is if I can get to it first whereby I'll roll the coins and give the cash for them before the vase gets too full for their liking.

SchwaVB57 likes this.
  8. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

I'd be thrilled as well if I found that 1960 French coin. The others, well.

Evan Saltis and SchwaVB57 like this.
  9. DarkRage666

Did you not see the gold Krugerrand? GOLD!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    Mike Davis, NOS and SchwaVB57 like this.
  10. tibor

11. Mike Davis

Mike Davis Well-Known Member

What an amazing find, congrats.

SchwaVB57 likes this.
  12. DarkRage666

Yeah... there really doesn’t seem to be a point... go to a bank, turn in your coin, and they’ll give you the money.

SchwaVB57 likes this.
  13. DarkRage666

Or heck even go to a cashier and THEY’LL give you the money

SchwaVB57 likes this.
  14. tibor

There may be a coin shortage, there may be signs wanting your extra coins, exact change signs posted, but I have yet to encounter a clerk, cashier or teller who wants to count out your exact change or count out to buy your extra change.

15. DarkRage666

They don’t have a choice do they?

16. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Nice find nothing wrong finding $200-$300 worth of gold for free /Paid $280 for mine 16021915339388546096294046481590.jpg 16021916169974933791223219548264.jpg

NOS and SchwaVB57 like this.
  17. tibor

[QUOTE="DarkRage666, post"They don’t have a choice do they?
    Their attitude is annoying. I usually leave a message at the business website complaining about the person by name.

18. DarkRage666

Yeah... I believe it... clerks are supposed to treat people with respect, even if they don’t like what they’re being asked

19. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Since this was just brought up and its been a while,do you still have it @SchwaVB57.

20. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

Yes

21. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

I read this thread several times and couldn't figure out what the big deal was. Then i saw the word Krugerrand and took a closer look. Closer look still, gold. Gotcha. But i didn't know. I'd have no idea what's real gold and what's not, especially in foreign "junk".
    I'd say 90 out of 100 people, maybe even 90%, I'd say even high as 9 in 10 people, might not recognize that coin as gold. But I'm no good with numbers either. Great find though!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    SchwaVB57 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted