Coin Shows this weekend

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by coinzip, Feb 21, 2017.

1. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

Curtisimo and Diane Harriet like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

My Racine.... probably not though

coinzip likes this.
  4. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

Hm... I wish that I didn't know that there is a show in my area this weekend... I may have to erase my memory of this thread... :D

...because I went to one last weekend too... :eek:

coinzip likes this.
  5. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

I may take a short drive down to the nasty 'nati..... Last show was crowded and thats a good thing. I am on the lookout for a nice Buff or some toned copper. Which means, thats exactly what i wont wind up buying.

coinzip likes this.
  6. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

I may go to Coin-a-Rama in Nevada IA - it is a good local show

coinzip likes this.
  7. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

Not to overadvertise, but Coin-a-Rama in Nevada, IA is a wondeful show and the most liveliest and likely the best show in Iowa every year. it has a local small town feel because it is in a small town but they have excellent dealers and great merchandise. The dealers and attendees are generally knowledgeable and friendly. Also, they will have some great activities for youth collectors. Also, Ames is nearby and has some excellent restaurants for all appetites. It is definitely worth a visit!

mynamespat, coinzip and MMiller750 like this.
  8. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I'm thinking I'll just wait for Baltimore

9. MMiller750

MMiller750 Active Member

@Dimedude2 i will also be at the Nevada show. I can attest that it is a great show for small town iowa but also near larger cities. Looking forward to it.

coinzip likes this.
  10. Joe2007

Joe2007 Well-Known Member

Is the Greenhills show worth the trip? Is there a decent selection? Thanks - Joe

11. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Melville here

12. heavycam.monstervam

Not sure where you are driving from, but i drive down from Columbus about 4-5 times a year. The answer 4 me anyway, is yes, definitely worth the drive. I always find something interesting down there. You will see dealers from KY, WV, OH, IN all in one building.
    What exactly do you collect? I could maybe tell you if there are dealers of such coins and/or recommend a dealer.

Joe2007 likes this.
  13. Joe2007

Joe2007 Well-Known Member

Mostly Capped Bust & Seated coinage but I also dabble a bit in most 19th century U.S. series.

Thanks - Joe

14. heavycam.monstervam

Oh you will find plenty of 19th century material there. About 3 mins from the outerbelt, makes for an easy trip. If you go, just dont stare at your coins all the way home, while driving . Ive got a really bad habit, of trying to identify varieties with one hand on the wheel and one eye on the road. :troll:

Dimedude2 likes this.
  15. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

Is Greenhills the little northwest 'burb out by Winton Woods Golf Course? I lived in Cincinnati for 15 years, but on the east and northeast sides, so my recollection is a little fuzzy. I think I may have played that course a couple of times.

16. heavycam.monstervam

You got it, it seems like a nice area. I stayed in a hotel down there once and decided to explore. Totally changed my mind, Green Hills is ok, but travel just due east of there and all the sudden youre in the ghetto. Another thing that is REALLY annoying about that town, no strip clubs.:sorry: Huge disappointment:oops:

17. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

Must be a rather small pocket of ghetto, because once you get east of the I-75 corridor, you're into a lot of upscale suburbs.

I-75 follows the Mill Creek Valley, which is where most of Cincinnati's original industry developed. People who know the town only from driving through on 75 and seeing all of the old factories have a quite distorted view of it. Outside of places like San Fran, San Diego and Seattle, Cincinnati is actually one of the most attractive major cities in the U.S.

Duh, all you have to do is go across the river to Northern Kentucky. Cincinnati subs out all of its sin to the Bluegrass State.

Funny story: Jerry Springer, daytime TV guy and former mayor of Cincinnati, wrote a check to a Newport, KY prostitute while he was mayor. Subsequent police raid on the massage parlor uncovered the check, a photo of which got plastered all over the news. Springer came clean, and I guess citizens so admired his honesty, they elected him to another term a year later.

heavycam.monstervam likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted