Coin Shows this weekend. Who's going?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by coinzip, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

You must be tired Dave , I hope you enjoyed your time knocking around the inner harbor before the ride back up to Philly .

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Go get that new prescription for your glasses.

4. V. Kurt Bellman

The Gettysburg show was one of the best medium sized shows I've been to lately - bigger than a local club show, not like an ANA or Whitman. So many things in my wheelhouse. Picked up a few Swiss 2 rappen, a gorgeous 1918 British half crown in BU, a stunning 1928 Swedish crown in BU, a few nice world minors including a 1929 Brit ha'penny with a little red still on it, and I added one date to my raw higher end Buffalo set, a strongly struck 1929-D that should easily make MS-63 or better IF I ever have it slabbed, which is not a priority for me. The last Buff I had slabbed, I thought it was AU55ish, and it came back MS62.

As usual, at shows where they issue them, I picked up one of the show medals - in this case a beautifully done cast medal with a portrait of Lincoln on it.

5. V. Kurt Bellman

Wait, what? I'm white? Who knew? Please don't tell the people I work for. :eek::Do_O

6. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Check Alan's writeup thread for images of that medal. It's a lovely study, and I'm gonna pull out all the photographic stops on it.

Paddy54 likes this.
  7. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Dave I need to show you the past medals from the battlefield group shows.

Draft saved Draft deleted