Coin Shows this weekend. Who's going?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by coinzip, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Safe travels!

coinzip likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Seattlite86

coinzip likes this.
  4. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

So we hit the road and I sat, staring absentmindedly out the window and musing, as is my wont. A time passed, and I began thinking, "Gee, we ought to be seeing the Delaware Memorial Bridge soon. We've been out here for a while." It was immediately after this that I saw the "Welcome to Maryland" sign. Crossed the DelMem, never closed my eyes, and never saw it.

coinzip, Seattlite86 and Paddy54 like this.
  5. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

coinzip and Seattlite86 like this.
  6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I still haven't even made it to the hospital this morning, so it's looking a bit grim for making it to the show. :( (Time-consuming panic when I thought the spiders infesting Dad's house were brown recluses. They were cellar spiders. WERE.)

Anybody planning to still be there in the afternoon?

7. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I am in a black hole as far as coin shows go.:(

coinzip likes this.
  8. -jeffB

Not me. Dad's good this afternoon, so I'm staying with him. Have fun, everybody. :)

coinzip likes this.
  9. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

The 2016 Gettysburg battle field show 20160917_122157.jpg Really enjoyed meeting all of you ,the show was a blast!
    Another good show put on by the Battle field group.
    Looking forward to next year's show.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  10. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

Jeff, hope your Dad is much better!

coinzip likes this.
  11. SuperDave

That was as good a show as 40 tables gets. Relatively little bullion, Type coins abounded in all grades from AG3 to "no, you can't afford it" and my only complaint was the only really nice Woodie said "1909-S VDB" on it. :)

Excellent time, excellent company. Good show.

12. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

You guys are all white? devil.gif

Glad to see you all had a time of it. I keep sayin' it, but 'next year for sure'. :)

13. -jeffB

Thanks. Sorry I missed the festivities, but I'm happy with my choice. It's been a good day.

Can we get labels for the photo? :)

coinzip likes this.
  14. Seattlite86

coinzip and green18 like this.
  15. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

Pasadena show was the biggest I've seen it in the last few years. Picked up a bunch of hole fillers!

coinzip likes this.
  16. SuperDave

Left to right: Alan (CoinZip) & Mike(?), two of the show organizers (my praise above is their doing), Paddy, Seattlite86, myself, Kurt Bellman.

coinzip, Paddy54 and Seattlite86 like this.
  17. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Handsome fellows...........:)

18. Paddy54

Yes that is Mike Dixon and sorry I didn't include the names as we had a retirement party to attend this evening .

coinzip likes this.
  19. Seattlite86

I'll do a write-up for the Gettysburg Show, but after going through the 82 world coins I picked up, 59 of them were new coins, 4 I still need to attribute, and there are a few that I already had but picked them up in better condition. I'd say that's about an 85% success rate on picking up new coins :)

coinzip and Paddy54 like this.
  20. Paddy54

Yeah but you enjoyed the In flight movie! Titled" That stranger than life 1867 Shield Nickel " that for 50 miles you drooled over lol.
    Thank god that I sent it into Anacs or the drive home would of been one offer after the next..... all kidding aside it truly was a pleasure , really enjoyed the day.

coinzip likes this.
  21. SuperDave

Yeah, it was fun obsessing on your coin, but we'd have settled whether you were willing to sell long before the trip back. :p

Idle question which the audience doesn't get to know about yet - how do you know it's 1984? There seems to be another possibility.

This was a long day. Only been back 15 minutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted