Coin shop truck

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mkman123, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Mkman123

Mkman123 Well-Known Member

Has any members here seen this truck as show in the youtube video? He has a truck made into a coin shop inside! Sells coins and bullion, very cool!!

Does anyone here know where its at and how to contact the owner? In the video he stated that he had a website but you couldn't hear anything about the website address, etc.

Robert91791 and fireguy83 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

4. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

If you could also buy a sandwich from him while there, then I'm all in!

green18, Mike185, Vess1 and 8 others like this.
  5. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I sure hope he has all manner of security built into that vehicle. It is a rolling billboard for the lowlifes in the world to attempt a heist.

6. Mkman123

Mkman123 Well-Known Member

@paddyman98 Thanks, I'll try and contact him via IG.

@Randy Abercrombie It sure looked secure. The person had bars between him and the potential buyers, probably carrying a weapon no doubt as well!

7. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Many years ago, before starting into the coin business, I actually envisioned doing this. I decided it would be too great of a security risk, and dismissed the idea.

It's cool to see someone else doing this, and I sincerely hope he never runs into problems.

Two Dogs, Brina, Stevearino and 4 others like this.
  8. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

I feel like this is the middle aged guy version of a van with “Free Candy” written on the side.

9. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

Carrying, and quite possibly, displaying it. Here in NC, it's not unusual to walk into a LCS and find the shopkeeper sporting a holstered sidearm hanging from his belt.

10. I have seen this in Ohio as well.

11. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

It's all a matter of determination. I've heard of a Brinks truck being hijacked.

12. Bert Gedin

Bert Gedin Well-Known Member

Mkman 123. Put the name of the truck-shop on Google - that might work.

Mkman123 likes this.
  13. lehmansterms

lehmansterms Many view intelligence as a hideous deformity

Yes, they have been - at least a few over the years - but the cash Brinks and other "armored car" vehicles carry is a lot easier to spend than potentially recognizable collectible coins and bullion items which must be fenced confidentially to realize any significant portion of their potential market value.
    I was at one point, a couple decades ago, considering what would be necessary to securely mount and conceal a safe in a schoolbus camper I used to own when I was toying with the idea of hitting the road as a freelance coin dealer. Never got around to the actual job of securing a safe in the bus or hitting the open road - but it was an appealing "goof" for a while to consider and think about how these goals might be accomplished.

14. Robert91791

Robert91791 Well-Known Member

I think its a bold move. The reward just outweight the risk. Im sure its already built in the price. Im sure he is bound to make a money.

15. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

And Indiana.

16. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Was thinking the same. I've seen too many movies. I wish him the best but for some reason I'm picturing a big old Lincoln sedan with tinted windows pulling along side this truck on a rural road. When the Uzis come out the windows to shoot out the tires I hope there's a working plan. Ugh. Idk how you could park it anywhere without being followed in this day and age.
    Some people get very sick if they don't get their heroin in the morning and that stuff costs money. Sadly there isn't anything they wont do to get it. That's just one group.

Other than the security risk, being mobile would be good for business.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  17. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I've recently visited these guys in Lakeland (FL), but they work out of the store and not in the truck (armored car). :)

Capture.JPG

Mkman123 and Randy Abercrombie like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted