Coin Sets of all Nations value

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Chris Newbie, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Chris Newbie

Chris Newbie New Member

I have the Franklin Mint Coin Sets of all Nations volume 1. There's 22 cards including China and USSR. The China card value differs on eBay between $100 and $1000. Any ideas on this one please and where the value is?

The Jiao coins are 1981
    The Yuan is 1981
    The Fen coins are 1982.

I don't know which may be proof or otherwise.

Unfortunately the card has been creased.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

4. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

After a little research, I've found that the mainland China set is the "key" to the Franklin Mint set. That said, it is a VERY thin market.

Stevearino and Kentucky like this.
  5. Chris Newbie

Chris Newbie New Member

Thanks for your time alurid and V. Kurt Bellman. I shall continue my research.

6. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

Almost nobody collects modern coins so they have to be pretty scarce to command much of a price.

The China modern market has a huge premium for high grade coins right now but be warned that a lot of modern China (that isn't worn), is high grade. I consider BU's to be very underpriced and Gems to be fully priced for most dates. Try to find the keys in XF and AU; these are steals.

7. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

@cladking -Hi, Sam! Good to see you here on CT! Long time no see, oldtimer!

@Chris Newbie - welcome!

Stevearino likes this.
  8. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

Hi Rob (lordmarcovan).

I still pass by here three or four times a day but I rarely have much to say that I haven't said before.

I am amazed at the prices China is bringing right now. I looked for the 1950's aluminum issues for years and never found more than a few uncs. Krause listed them for less than a dollar until several years ago. Now they list for prices up to $1000.

...And these are about the ONLY coins that are illegal to counterfeit in China.

Judging the relative scarcity of modern base metal Chinese coins is tough for me because I've found so few.

9. Raenat

Raenat New Member

Anyone wanna buy the china set I have the Certificate of authenticity as well

10. Kbaker13

Kbaker13 New Member

Hello. I recently was given Volumes 1, 2, and 3 of the Franklin Mint Coins of all Nations. The cards seem to be mixed up. Does anyone know which cards belong in each volume? I have 105 cards.

11. coin0709

coin0709 CT Supporter

You need to determine if the coins are proof strikes or regular UNC. I believe the proof coins in the set command a significant premium ($800-$1400 versus $80-$150).

Draft saved Draft deleted