Coin selling tips ( Help )

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Noah Finney, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Noah Worke

Noah Worke Well-Known Member

I've heard Toyota trucks are good, never driven one though. I personally prefer Dodge Ram trucks, however the best gas mileage the used ones get is around 19, and I go to school out of town, so probably not the best for me. I like sports cars and muscle cars, maybe I'll save up for a year or so and get an AWD Challenger GT, because the Minnesota winters can get pretty bad. I've never been a huge Chevy guy, but I don't hate them. Because most of the cars I'm trying to get are over 5k, I don't really spend any money in order to keep as much as possible.

Noah Finney likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

If you really think about it, most times your don't need 4 wheel drive or all wheel drive to get around. If it's an absolute necesity, I suggest learning how to put a pair of chains on your vehicle and then buy whatever you want and a good pair of $150 chains. I drove truck for many years and ran with a fire company and I've had more success with chains than 4 wheel drive. It's up to you in the end though. If you can afford it great. If not, chains, lol.

Noah Worke and Noah Finney like this.
  4. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

I grew up poor in a family of 5 and my fathers single income to make it work, my brothers and I all had very different builds so hand me downs were impossible, so from an early age, I learned I needed to work to make some money to buy the things I wanted, like cooler clothes or shoes to not stand out so badly or have money to contribute to the family.

Anyways, I shoveled porches and sidewalks in the winter, I cleaned windows and mowed lawns, painted or stained decks, porches or fences, washed cars, in the summer from 8 years old, my brothers did as well (until they felt the money wasn't good enough). See, The people varied, I didn't have a set hourly rate, they paid what they thought it was worth. I got a dollar or two from some people, others gave me 5 or 10 even a 20 if it was a lot of work or bigger project. this was like 1982, but it wasn't great money for the amount of work, I stayed busy, they all knew me and folks would call my mother if they needed something done. but I kept busy year round with my free time and took whatever they gave me to do and whatever they paid. My first car was at 14, I bought it for $300. and I drove it a total of one time and never got it running again. it was a pile of junk to begin with, 1978 oldsmobile cutlass salon.

Anyways, fastfood/service jobs will build character, but it's low pay. i'd say stick with the side work and expand your services instead and be your own boss. I can say I earned more money doing side jobs all over the neighborhood over a month than I did taking one of the entry level minimum wage fast food jobs per month. but getting that check, being a "worker" meant more to me for some reason. Kind of wish I'd stuck to odd job handyman things like, mowing lawns, car washing. I'd of owned my own business as a landscaper or mobile detailer, or traveling handydude most likely, or have started all 3 businesses and have others working them and taking my cut. instead of still working for someone else.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    Noah Finney likes this.
  5. sambyrd44

sambyrd44 Well-Known Member

I have sold quite a few coins on ebay. Good images are vital , avoiding any hype or ambiguous wording is important. Clear succinct descriptions avoid filler words like PQ or under-graded etc. Search history to get an idea of the ask price. I always sell a little above the comps even more so for nice material. I use best offer and am patient. Myself I use buy it know but coin auctions can still be good.

Noah Finney likes this.
  6. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Well-Known Member

Thank you for the thought put into this!!!!! I will probably stick to doing stuff for other people around the neighborhood.... Most of the people are older and need it so it is very important I stick with what I do.... Thanks again!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted