Coin Roll Hunting Mercury Dimes!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mkm5, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Mkm5

Mkm5 Well-Known Member

Got 6 rolls to go through, and right away it looks like a fun hunt! So far lots of early years, and some toners and AU-BUs!

IMG_20240409_170613787.jpg IMG_20240409_171151121.jpg IMG_20240409_171211612.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mkm5

Mkm5 Well-Known Member

Need to give my eyes a rest! Almost 20 from the teens, including three 1916 so far. Lots of 20s and 30s, probably half are from the 40s, but many of those are in really nice condition!

Probably 1/4 way through the pile.

4. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Make sure you check them close. I don’t have any merc’s yet. But know there’s quite a few varieties. Separate them by year. I’m excited for you

Mkm5 and Spark1951 like this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

That's a lot of Mercury. I Hope you don't get Mercury poisoning! :wacky:

Just kidding. I always remember a few comments made by new collectors who actually thought they were made of mercury because they were nicknamed the Mercury Dime :hilarious:

Mkm5 and Inspector43 like this.
  6. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Some people still probably still think they contain real mercury.
    Some people are clueless. Some people think that you get Lyme disease from eating bad limes... LOL.

Mkm5 and paddyman98 like this.
  7. David Betts

David Betts Elle Mae Clampett cruising with Dad

Mkm5 likes this.
  8. Mkm5

Mkm5 Well-Known Member

9. Mkm5

Mkm5 Well-Known Member

I need to figure out how to better sort through these, I used to be near-sighted but I guess my vision is getting worse!

I saw that blob of a mintmark on one of the 1916 dimes and thought it was a D, but forgot there was also an S mintmark!

I got everything sorted teens, 20s, 30s, and 40s, but it's really hard on my eyes looking through a magnifying glass.

It's a nice bunch of coins though as far as I can tell so far!

Any suggestions?

10. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

Google “magnifying headsets”. It will give you a good start on what will work for you…imo…Spark

Mkm5 likes this.
  11. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I really would love digging through those. Would completely fill my days time

Mkm5 likes this.
  12. Mkm5

Mkm5 Well-Known Member

Thanks Spark, I'll check that out!

13. Mkm5

Mkm5 Well-Known Member

This was a fun search. Quite a variety and I still need to sort through further. Mercs are one of my favorites, but half and silver dollars are much easier for my eyes!

Cheech9712 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted