Coin Roll Hunting Halfes...It was a good day...

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Silver Searcher, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher Active Member

NOS likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Did I ever tell you the story about the little boy who cried wolf?

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

who would watch with this in the title:

"Halfes"

micbraun likes this.
  6. Silver Searcher

Apparently 328 would

7. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

It's spelled halves! Maybe you should look it up before you make new threads labelled "halfes". What the heck is a halfe?

8. Mad Stax

Mad Stax Well-Known Member

Plenty of musical 'artists' go platinum, that still doesn't mean they're any good.
    While I agree with your right to post here just as much as anyone else's, it is pretty sad that you have a wealth of information at your fingertips and fail to utilize it.
    I was a stubborn teenager at one point as well, I think the sooner you realize that there is legitimacy to people's comments the better off you'll be.
    If you want to improve your videos, great! I suggest doing your due diligence before pressing the record button.
    These videos may fascinate youtubers, the majority of whom have no knowledge about numismatics, but this is a coin forum. Something more informative would be more appealing.

9. Silver Searcher

I dont think im going to learn more in a couple years than someone who has been collecting for decades, so I do my best.

10. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

So you instead say screw it and don't bother? That's brilliant!

You don't need to collect for decades (or collect at all) to simply spend a few moments verifying your information. If you cannot do it for your own educational benefit, or for the benefit of the very hobby you're presently a black eye upon, at least do it for your precious view count. I'm telling you right now that all the click bait isn't going to carry you for long. Even the mindless youboob masses will, sooner or later, figure you out.

Since you like to play business, do consider the fact that repeat customers, at least in most industries, are absolutely necessary for success, and YouTube is certainly no exception. You're completely oblivious to the fact that it's a very real possibility you're unnecessarily driving viewers/subscribers away by being too lazy to ensure your information and claims are correct. It's also becoming rather questionable that your supposed "finds" are indeed new, and are not simply being rehashed in the hopes of driving traffic. You can delete all the unflattering comments you want, but sooner or later your target audience is going to start seeing through you and when that happens, it's the beginning of the end.

11. Mad Stax

Mad Stax Well-Known Member

Everyone has to start somewhere.

12. Silver Searcher

"so I do my best" means I am always improving bro. Chill out on the insulting its making you look pretty low, and maybe find a new hobby other than insulting people on the internet

NOS likes this.
  13. BooksB4Coins

This is a very simple concept, really, is it. You can sit here and pretend you're always improving, but the evidence suggests otherwise. We're talking about a maybe 10 minute investment of your time... that's all, but is clearly too much.

Poor lil abused you can feel insulted all you want, but everything you've gotten is the direct result of your actions, and is as simple as that. Contrary to your now oft repeated claims, simply verifying one's information isn't something that needs to be developed over time. All evidence suggests your failure to do so is nothing more than a combination of laziness and incompetence.

You can harp all you wish on how "low" I look for calling you on the bs, but what does intentionally posting misinformation make you look like? What do the repeated lies make you look like? Call me crazy, but I'd say that's about as "low" as it gets.

14. Silver Searcher

10 minute?! You have oviously never made a youtube video. Dont feel or care if im "abused" haha thats your creation. But you have many misconceptions of my videos

NOS likes this.
  15. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

I agree with silver searcher on this. I have never made a youtube video myself but I'm pretty sure it's not easy.

NOS and Silver Searcher like this.
  16. BooksB4Coins

For the love of God, kid; can you not read?

"10 minutes" to VERIFY YOUR INFORMATION! We've gone over this again and again and again... it's not that difficult. Here, let me give you an example: before recommending to your viewers that they look "under the date" for the "VBD" that was "added later" to the coins, you simply look it up to ensure you're not posting something that is pitifully misleading to your viewers, or that makes you look like a complete idiot. Are you genuinely oblivious to how otherworldly dumb this made you look? The "VBD" (VDB) is not under the date nor has it ever been in said location. It also wasn't later added, and is something that ANYONE with even a basic familiarity with such coins should know. This goes to the heart of the very problem; you're dangerous only to those who don't know any better, and only look like a fool to those that do.

Another example: instead of using a glorified screenshot of an already poor website, simply repeating the already-questionable information it has provided, take a few moments to research the coins you plan on mentioning to better understand their value range, rarity/scarcity, availability, etc, etc instead of simply assuming. This is a very, very simple first step, and if you cannot do it out of simple decency and respect for the hobby you claim to care about, at least do it for selfish reasons. Perhaps once you've climbed this molehill ridiculously made into a mountain, then you can start working on other issues, you know, like honesty.

17. BooksB4Coins

You do realize you're "agreeing" with his response to something that was never said, right?

18. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

A youtube video is very easy
    1 - record a video in a modern common method (cell phone, camera that can do video, computer built-in audio/video, etc).
    2 - have a Youtube account.
    3 - select the Upload button then upload the identified video.

not much more than that to create a YouTube video.
    ie, it's just uploading a video to YouTube.

The recommendations of the original "10 minutes" is to confirm the accuracy of the information given in a video.

19. Silver Searcher

Nowhere close. I edit my videos, make custom thumbnails, research topics, and much more behind the scenes. Just the recording of a video with all cut and uncut scenes takes around 30 mins. I spend a lot of time doing them, probably too much

NOS likes this.
  20. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

In New Zealand a Halfie is a person of mixed Maori and Caucasian blood.

21. Silver Searcher

We have a definition!

Draft saved Draft deleted