Coin Roll Hunting FAQ v. 2.0

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by model77, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Barbi Petersen

Barbi Petersen Active Member

Thank you, this is information is useful to this new person. B

Cheech9712 and john65999 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dean 295

Dean 295 D.O.M.

Went into my usual credit union got $5.00 worth of pennies turned to go saw what I thought was a dine on the floor , it looked darker than a dime and picked it up it was a 1943 Cent I guess the person thought it was counterfeit, mine now.

john65999 likes this.
  4. Ohiovike

Ohiovike New Member

found 9 s nickels per 1956 and 2 W quarters and 2 silver quarters 1943 and 1946 in bags

enamel7 and john65999 like this.
  5. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I went to the hardware store and got a silver quarter in change. Apparently they had been getting rolls of all silver quarters lately. Maybe they were in the back of the bank's vault or something.

Cheech9712, Noah Worke and john65999 like this.
  6. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Opened a roll of CWR nickel roll. Found 39p 53s 54s(9) 55p(7) 58p. And 58d(2). Was in a very new wrapper

lardan and Dynoking like this.
  7. Dean 295

Dean 295 D.O.M.

So today I went to my local credit union bought $5.00 in Pennies. Actually found a dime in one roll + 9 cents That goes into my grandsons bottle return money I save for him. Also found 5 wheats and a 1973 cent that looks like someone coated it to look like a 1943 style cent. One teller told me her mother has a Buffalo nickel with 3 legs. She has my card and I said I would like to see that one. Just never know.

8. Barney McRae

Barney McRae Supporter! Supporter

Anyone watch Rob Finds Treasure? It's not exciting, and his wife needs to go to the spa or not be involved in the show. She's very annoying. :banghead:

9. Histman

Histman Too Many Coins, Not Enough Time!

I do for the coin roll hunting. She is annoying, but I'll watch her own videos every now and again.

10. Barney McRae

I have another question about roll hunting. I cringe thinking about rolling up mostly junk coins after cherry picking them. Coinstar is a pirate, charging around 11 to 12% to cash them in. My credit union used to have a counting machine but they have removed them all in every branch. How do you pickers deal with this painful nonsense???

11. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

OK, I am an old guy and not trying to be a snot, but please take a suggestion trying to help. Most pickers are trying to get good monetary income. Spend the money you would buy boxes with for educational books so you do Recognize the coins worth the money, rather than be like the ETSY and PAYPAL offers that other Klank's mistake or don't care and says every one is worth hundreds, and you do not have the knowledge to know. We try to help when something is "different" , but sometimes the person who answers doesn't really know either. People say they get rich and will make you rich also, but that is less often than finding an Uranium coin. IMO
    Jim

Histman likes this.
  12. Barney McRae

Before I even started paying much attention to getting back into this madness, I perused Etsey. There are some unscrupulous pirates selling on that site. Insane! Some of the pricing is utterly ridiculous. Who falls for that anyway?

But back to the original thread, how do most cherry pickers of rolls turn in the true junk? Reroll by hand? I'm not doing that, period. lol:depressed:

13. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Get an account at a new credit union or bank with counting machines. You'll need to have multiple accounts to order coin and dump coin and not crap where you eat.

14. Barney McRae

My credit union used to have one. They closed that branch a couple of years ago sadly. I called their HQ and no long have machines at any of them. I guess I'd have to look around. Not sure I'm that fired up about doing this, even though it looks fun.

15. Jeepfreak81

Jeepfreak81 Well-Known Member

I have a similar problem where none of my local banks have a coin counting machine. Coinstar is a possibility if you're ok getting Amazon gift cards, last time I used one there was no fee for doing that. For now I just grab a few rolls here and there so it's not a big deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted