Coin Robberies

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by cplradar, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. risk_reward

risk_reward Active Member

So you won't let them hold your stuff, but you expect them to help you get it back?

J.T. Parker, serafino and bkozak33 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Um...most banks are private companies.

J.T. Parker likes this.
  4. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Please don't use any means of transportation either then. All built or maintained by that dreadful government. ;)

But of course keeping valuable items at home is an option, with a good insurance and a good safe. It sure is a dilemma - would you rather have your coins near you, be able to look at them when you want, or "far away" but safe?

Christian

5. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

Yeah, duh. We expect the government to solve crimes but we do not want the government to hold all our stuff, or to account for all our stuff, or to listen in on my cellphone or anything like that.

6. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

On WWOR radio it says they are owned by the Federal Reserve in Washington

7. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

And the Lunatic Times recently explained that all banks are controlled by the Martians. ;) Let's get real and back to the topic again please.

Christian

8. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Sorry that's not true.

9. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

The banks are not owned by the Federal Reserve, except for the Federal Reserve branch banks, and the Federal Reserve is not "owned" by the government either.

And those Federal Reserve branch banks do not do business with the general public.

JPeace$ likes this.
  10. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/about_14986.htm

Congress isn't owned by the gov either.

11. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that your family has only been in this country two generations, maybe three at most. You being the third. Family arrived just before, during or right after WWII.
    If one has accumaleted the wealth your family obviously has, I wouldn't be trashing the govn't or the banks that allowed you to do so.

J.T. Parker likes this.
  12. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Rambling with Gambling still on? devil.gif

Heater likes this.
  13. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

By the word "allowed" it could/should be interpeted and include the word opprotunity.

14. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

Please define opprotunity and interpeted for us :)

15. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

Abba says he found one of the coins on a stacks auction.

16. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

No. Our family has been here since the 1830's. Why do you ask? What does that have to do with the theft of such a large collection of coins from the house? Is it legal to steal coins from houses if you are an immigrant?

17. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

if i had a lot of money, i wouldnt trust banks either. the FDIC will only give you up to $100k if something happens to the bank, so if you have $1M and the bank closes, you just lost 90% of your wealth. the 0.01% interest isnt worth that.

Chuck_A likes this.
  18. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Does he have images to back that up?

19. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

The limit was raised to $250K in 2008. Yes, if you have more than $250K, you need to give it a bit more attention than just dumping it into a single bank account.

20. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

i thought that they lowered it back to $100k recently.
    if i had that much money, i'd just build my own vault and hire my own security guards...

21. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

yeah it is on the website

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.