Coin photography by jtlee321

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by charlietig, Aug 31, 2016.

1. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Am really excited.... Just sent off 5 coins to Justin AKA: jtlee321 here on CT to photograph 4 wildly toned Roosevelt Dimes and Morgan Silver Dollar and a 1909 VDB Lincoln Cent.... Can't wait to see the results.

Will keep you all updated :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Yes - I have had FANTASTIC results from Justin photography!! Pics are beautiful - THEE ONLY coin photog I will send my coins to! Absolute perfect returns!

TJ1952 likes this.
  4. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

He's the best I've seen!

Markus1959 likes this.
  5. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

He's...very good. :p

TJ1952 and Markus1959 like this.
  6. Markus1959

You will be amazed what Justin can do - I don't know the camera he has but the pictures are FANTASTIC!!

TJ1952 likes this.
  7. Markus1959

Yes, please keep us updated! I can't wait to see your coins photographed by a professional coin photographer!!

8. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

He did a gold toner for me... and I am seriously considering sending a few more!
    My pics:
    Toned Gold Coin 1820 (6).jpg Toned Gold Coin 1820 (11).jpg
    Toned Gold Coin 1820 (14).jpg

His pics:

1820-8-Escudos-Obverse-MED.jpg 1820-8-Escudos-Reverse-MED.jpg 1820-Columbia-8-Escudos-MED.jpg

ddddd, charlietig, Jdiablo30 and 7 others like this.
  9. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Umm.........4 (Rosies) + 1 (Morgan) + 1 (Lincoln) = 6

Typo?

Chris

10. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I hear he uses a 2005 flip phone :p

Smojo, Markus1959 and MKent like this.
  11. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

Wow!! Thanks for the compliments everyone! I am humbled to get a thread created about me. I'm just excited to get to photograph some really nice coins. Most of the coins I shoot are my own, it's alway's a treat and thrill to shoot other people's coins. I look forward to shooting your coins @charlietig.

No, I use a Motorola Razr V3 ca. 2004, I can't afford to upgrade to a better one just yet. :rolleyes: The lights are what really make the image. :D

ddddd and Andres2 like this.
  12. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

How did you know I was thinking a Razr. Pink one right :p

13. jtlee321

No the black one. I tried the pink, but it kept giving a slight color cast to the images. ;)

Cascade likes this.
  14. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Every girlfriend I had back then had one of those stupid pink razr's. One had a blackberry though. She lasted that longest

15. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

:smug::joyful::smug::joyful:Oh yes.... I remember them oh, so well...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  16. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

His are lovely and yours are........hesitate to say. On face value, yours are accurate, and well done. Fitting for a forum presentation. His are sharply focused and cropped to bring out the best features of the photographed product. Simply speaking, he takes more time when photographing something. He doesn't rush things, and he strives for an 'in hand look', which (I must say) you do as well. I'll bet he takes numerous photos and only picks out the best. You (like me) rush things a bit........

Paul M. and jwitten like this.
  17. jwitten

I have a point and shoot that takes good macro pics, but does not pick up toning well. The ones I posted of that toner were done with an ipod touch... lousy focus and clarity, but shows the colors better. Here is a pic from my point and shoot with macro (not a toner though):
    w1.jpg w5.jpg

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Paul M. and green18 like this.
  18. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

That's a toner?

19. jwitten

No, I said here is how my point and shoot does with a NON toner, lol. It does not pick up toning well, so I have to use the ipod touch to show toning. This is just a normal gold with a small strike through on the obverse.

Cascade likes this.
  20. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

He said it wasn't.....

21. jtlee321

Those are pretty dang good for a point and shoot. Did you have it on a tripod or something sturdy? The only flaws I find are the depth of field and shooting the coin at an off angle. You fix those and your looking at some really solid images.

jwitten likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted