Coin photography, again

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by davidh, Apr 24, 2015.

1. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

I've been experimenting with closeup photographing my coins. Although the lens will focus in macro mode with the lens less than 1" from the subject, the lens then blocks light. If I back off and use zoom, I can't get a full frame shot.

Looking through various add-on lenses and other options I finally found this video. I haven't gone any further but for the price it should be worth the purchase. Has anyone else seen of tried this before?

http://littlebigshot.blogspot.com

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

4. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

No one has tried this?

5. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Didn't watch the whole video, but I skimmed it. What are you considering purchasing? A point and shoot camera? Yes, I used that for a long time, and with practice it can get you decent pictures.

6. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

It might be a "you get what pay for" OTOH, it might work well.
    I could not find any reviews on line for Little Big Shot

I bought a microscope with a self contained light source for extreme
    close ups. Some years ago, a friend bought a macro lens with lighting surrounding the lens. It worked perfectly.

7. Maintain

Maintain Active Member

Have one for I Pad?

8. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

It's not about the camera itself, it's about an accessory lens that allows closeup photos that exceed the ability of the camera itself to focus close. The first half of the video is about what a point-and-shoot camera can not do; the second half is about what adding the lens allows the camera to do. Rewatch it starting at 4:00. You can get full frame pictures without having to get an inch away from the subject. I've ordered one and will post pictures after I get it.

9. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

If you Google "little big shot" lens you'll see a few reviews and comments.

Draft saved Draft deleted