Coin per nation set.

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Daniel Jones, Oct 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

I own a 250 mintage Baker Island “one dollar” coin that was produced as a third party token, with no legal tender value, anywhere.

pretty cool though

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chuckylucky5

chuckylucky5 Well-Known Member

Like this one?
    Baker Island Obv.jpg Baker Island Rev.jpg

Daniel Jones likes this.
  4. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

You also have stuff like the Western and Central CFA francs, which are each shared by several western and central African countries, respectively, with no nationality indicated on the coins, although they're essentially French colonial proxies for the Euro.

5. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

youtube.com/watch?v=5XK9ARvZbJ4 This is my oldest coin in my 27 century set. I will try to figure out how to post other coins, but I am still an amateur at this.

6. Daniel Jones

Nice coin, chuckylucky. By the way, your favorite coins you mentioned are really interesting, even though I had to look up some of them that I was unfamiliar with.

7. Daniel Jones

Yes, I like some of those coin designs, but I decided to get coins specifically identifying those nations by name i.e. the 50 FRANCS of Senegal, 50 Francs of Burkina Faso of the Andrea Doria, 1,000 Francs Atlantic commem. for Benin etc. I think the funniest place to have coins made is Sealand, an off shore platform 7.5 miles off the coast of Suffolk, England, population about 21. I wonder if we coin per nation collectors should include one of these? Ha, ha!

Draft saved Draft deleted