Coin number 199 lincoln cent a real wash for the mint

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Luckycharms, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Luckycharms

Luckycharms New Member

just when you think u seen em all another one comes up,this is my pride and joy cent,missing in god we trust and only 3 year numbers. Nice error. I know what i want but whats it worth. Lucky

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Luckycharms

Luckycharms New Member

lOOKS LIKE IT COULD BE FIVE 9 S FOR 19999 UNLESS THATS A SHADOW IM SEEING ???

4. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Poor quality pics make it impossible to see the date clearly enough to determine if it's a grease filled die, which is a common occurance, or a well worn coin, which is a common occurance, or if someone removed the motto and last numeral in the date, making PMD.

Only clear pic is of the reverse, which shows circulated and worn cent.

If you could get close ups of the obverse, top around rim where motto is found, and a close up of the date, both clear and harp pics, that could help a lot.

5. coingeek12

coingeek12 Well-Known Member

i think it might be somthing.

6. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

I doubt anything was removed, even from the poor photos. It is likely (and as you mentioned) struck-through IMO. Regardless, I have the feeling that the kind of money the OP wants, and what he could get are worlds apart. I suppose its a neat coin, but just don't expect to retire off of it.

7. Luckycharms

Luckycharms New Member

8. BUncirculated

So what did you think you wanted for it?

9. Luckycharms

Luckycharms New Member

I thought we were not suppose to sell on this site, per rules?? One thing here, the top rim of the coin from 3 oclock to 9 oclock looks like there is actuallly a crack in the rim,theres no cuting marks that I can see,i have never seen a coin that looks like the top was snaped together which it clealry does not. There are no chaving marks on the planchet or rim. Lucky

10. BUncirculated

We're not selling anything, but if you want you can send me a PM with your answer.

11. BooksB4Coins

Do explain.

12. Luckycharms

Luckycharms New Member

In other words I dont think you can afford it. No pun.

13. Coinfreak1996

Coinfreak1996 New Member

If it's that valuable, then too bad it has verdigris.
    You should store it correctly,when its so valuable, what I doubt, but maybe it is something

14. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Looks like a spender to me.:smile

15. BooksB4Coins

No "pun"? Do explain this too please.

As for not being able to afford it, you're right... I already spent my only dollar bill on a Micky D's Fish today so I'd have to make change. I guess if you cannot accept an honest real-world answer, just keep on dreaming and wishing on those lucky charms.

16. Luckycharms

Luckycharms New Member

Hey books, well,you gotta eat man. If I had a clue what this was worth I might even buy you a fish. Maybe the aliens had this coin and did a experiment or something. In any event I am the owner, and no there is no intent on this end to insult anyone. Enjoy that fish.

17. BUncirculated

The above quote, is your statement. Which is what I asked you about, and you've yet to answer that. Instead I find a snippy message in my inbox this morning.

Step up to the plate? How about you step up to the plate yourself as I'm sure many of us are interested in what you think you want?

18. BUncirculated

+1

Draft saved Draft deleted