Coin Maintenance

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by TJ1952, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

It would suck to have bought that one unspotted and have it turn. I saw one not quite as bad, and a prova, in PCGS SP-67 (or whatever PCGS's specimen designation is). A 67 with fairly prominent unattractive spotting.

I knew the gold vs. copper issue, I was just wondering if there was something in 'the cleaning closet' that would make a TPG confident it wouldn't turn in the slab. Looking for a the magic bullet or something.

That said, I'm hoping 80-90 year old gold that was going to change would have changed by now.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Yes, that chemical is on the top shelf, right next to the one that removes the spots from ASE's ;) Nope. Doesn't exist.

Generally, if it's going to change it probably has. But you don't really know if that spotless coin you have hasn't changed because it isn't going to, or has been treated and hasn't changed back. It's a risk. There are a lot of risks in this hobby.

Stork likes this.
  4. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

Sadly I can't seem to find the LOL emoji...this one is labeled 'joyful' but I'm using it to laugh :joyful:. If I could only remember where that milk spot remover bottle ran off to...

5. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Well, if ya ever find it, you'll have enough money to buy all the coins ya want, Albanian or other wise :)

Insider likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted