Coin Inventory / App for Android or iPad

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by JP@, Sep 20, 2021.

1. JP@

JP@ Well-Known Member

Greetings Fellow CoinTalkers -

I'm not quite new to collecting but I am new to this group. Recently, I became interested in finding a better method to inventory my coins. I found a couple of decent apps but they only include American coins and bullion.

My apologies if this has been discussed but I did not immediately find anything relevant after searching the site.

Can anyone recommend something for foreign coins such as Australia, China, UK, or others? I need more of an 'app' since I no longer have/use regular computers/laptops. I particularly like the apps that display stock photos of the coin by date/mint and where tapping the image indicates that the coin is either in/not in the collection.

Cheers,
    JP

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I'd normally recommend an Excel spreadsheet that you customize, but that's tricky on a phone.

Check out https://en.numista.com/

It has a fairly extensive world catalogue, and it has a "track your collection" feature.

4. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I recommend CollecOnline (no "t" in there). It is a French site but has an English version, of course.

It has useful tools like an account book and stuff. I am about halfway done migrating my collection over there. I find it very useful.

5. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Numista is the place to go. Widest catalogue I have ever seen on a site, so I switched from ucoin.net to en.numista.com a few years ago.

uCoin was generally easy to use, pick nation, pick year from a drop down box, and then select the coin.

Numista has country, then a general search within. Throwing in the year works, but if there is a coin with that number in one of the many reference books, some irrelevant stuff comes up. However, Numista is fantastic at identifying unknown coins as well. You can search by precious/nonprecious, date ranges, coin shape, and more.

Both have perks, finding partners to swap with can be tough on Numista, but in my experience it is the better site.

Heres a screen grab of some of the info it gives for your collection as you add. And, it's free!! It was tough getting all of my stuff in there, but I spaced it out over two weeks and got it done. Once you are caught up, it's easy to maintain.

Any other questions?

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 4.37.10 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 4.37.01 PM.png

6. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Oh, and Numista has an export function that will put all your coins in a spread sheet for you, and you can pick what info it shows. it took less than a minute to create and download, and you can always do another with more or less info. Heres a snap of part of mine. Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 4.42.16 PM.png

7. JP@

JP@ Well-Known Member

thanks everyone... I will checks these out :pompous:

lordmarcovan and Evan Saltis like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted