Coin ID Charles Halfpenny??

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by coinman1234, Nov 6, 2016.

1. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Well-Known Member

I get tons of stuff like that, not worth wasting your time, it is too far gone, toss it in the scrap copper bin for the smelters like these.

002.JPG

coinman1234 likes this.
  4. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

Wow! That's a lot! Makes me wish I lived in Europe! Items dating back as far as I can imagine and that coins that seem old in the US are modern there. Almost like finding a wheat penny. Way more people living in Europe in the 1600's through early 1800's than in the US. I know a couple people in England who scrap their crappy condition Roman bronze pieces, I guess that if you find the right spot they can be quite plentiful.
    I was afraid it was too far gone, just the nagging feeling of wanting to identify it. I have around 30 colonial coppers I have dug and it bugs me that there are a couple that are either blank disks or like the one I posted here, with minimum details. Oh well, I guess it will go back to my dug copper collection. It's annoying because in an mid 1600's town I found a pocket spill of 3 hammered misshapen looking copper coins. I found them around 1/10 of a mile in the woods behind a 1600's Cemetary. One of them has a slight design but not enough to identify. I think they may be Spanish Maravedis, but there is no way to prove it. Oh well, just gotta hope that the next coin I find is in awesome condition.

5. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

Such coins have completely fulfilled their economic duty. But, as we all know, numismatists mostly prefer coins that have seen minimal action. They are all awesome and important as relics of times now vanished, but yes, blank slugs don't provide a lot of satisfaction.

coinman1234 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted