Coin holders?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by GUNNER63736, Jul 2, 2019.

1. GUNNER63736

GUNNER63736 Well-Known Member

Another boring old guy post. I just recently got interested in trying to add some different styles of certified coin holders, as if I needed to add to my coin collecting addiction. I have read a couple of articles that stated the coin holders are becoming valuable, so I thought I would try and add some different ones to my coin collection on a budget. I haven't a clue on what I am doing. LOL. I just purchased this on ebay for 14.50 shipped. Probably paid to much. Is this one of the new or older ANACS holders? I don't have any of this style holder so I thought I might as well start with this one. I know, I need to do some internet research. Anyway, this is #1 in the new part of my addiction. Any of you guys have pics you could post of nice coin holders I should be looking for?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

The blue holder is the one that came before the yellow label holder ANACS uses now, so it's not too old.

Right here is the holy grail of coin holders, if you're into that thing (not mine, just a pic from the internet):

[​IMG]

dwhiz and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  4. GUNNER63736

Yep, I have heard of that one Paul. Way, Way out of my league. LOL

Paul M. likes this.
  5. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

ANACS started using that general style holder in 2005 and they used three different varieties during the first month or so of production. The first type had the logo up higher and the oval with the grade was nearly the full width of the label. Then they made the oval smaller and moved the logo down to the left side. The next two varieties varied by the color around the oval, the first ones had a gold border and gold in the logo and then later they changed to silver. The silver ones remained until they switched from the round bottom to a squared off bottom in September of 2007.

The Regency holder from PCGS that Paul showed is rare and highly desired but it isn't the "Holy Grail". That would be the very first generation NGC holder the Black NGC. There are currently around 37 of them known

NGC 1 1939 quarter front.jpg NGC 1 1939 quarter obv.jpg

dwhiz, Paul M. and jake1932 like this.
  6. GUNNER63736

Thanks for the education. I really do appreciate it.

Draft saved Draft deleted