Coin hobby language that turns you off?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Owle, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Well since 2009 - maybe he was Junior back then and just never updated his profile?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Markus1959

OK - I give up - no response to this!!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  4. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

I kinda thought junior member meant like under 18 or something

Insider and Markus1959 like this.
  5. Markus1959

Junior can also relate to a persons IQ!

Evan8 likes this.
  6. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

And you can never no how ever get them back :p

7. Markus1959

Well that's cool - less !!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2016
  8. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

I lost quite a bit more responding to it :sour:

Markus1959 likes this.
  9. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

That's why I kept my response short, sweet and to the point and without going into the obvious socio-political rant aside the rules. Now please nobody quote or like my posts so I don't have to come back; my brain hurts

10. Markus1959

WOW! I'm done!!

11. Markus1959

Kinda like not liking to listening to a radio channel - THEN SWITCH THE CHANNEL!!

12. Insider

Were you banned from CT for a week?

13. Markus1959

Yeah - the problem was I had a bad reaction to a new heart medicine and don't even remember being on CT - and none of the Mods even told me what I did wrong - my wife had to take me to the hospital as I pretty much didn't know what was going on - finally spent 3 days in the hospital and they cleared up the problem that the new meds screwed with my brain!!

14. Insider

Wow, they must have erased your posts from your content too. We certainly don't wish to lose you.

15. Markus1959

Thanks - I really wanted to know what I posted cause I have no recollection - just stated "violated the rules" - so who knows!!

16. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

I certainly could be the one who is confused.... but I do recall a few past threads from younger fellows who seemed to take offense to the "junior" label, and could swear that is how it was explained.

Evan8 likes this.
  17. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

Well no big deal. Im sure a moderator will explain it later and then lock the thread lol

18. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

The signature line is for each member to fill in what he thinks is appropriate. It automatically assigns junior member to a new individual. How long? You would need to ask a moderator. I'm not sure but it isn't much time at all. Then you can change it yourself or leave it alone. Some of our very young people like to call themselves a senior member or well-known member. It gives their posts more validity and they reduce the probability of being put down. I think it also helps their ego to see it in print. I find it is more valuable to play dumb and let some posters talk themselves into a corner or it exposes them for what they are. Example: Someone with an axe to grind, A Troll, or someone promoting a cause.... If they think you are uniformed as a junior member, it is much easier to spot their actual intent. And when they don't know for sure what your background is, or your knowledge, you can spot a liar or fabricator just as easy. I love being a junior member and will always remain such. It gives me an insight into others, especially new posters.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    omahaorange, Insider and Evan8 like this.
  19. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I never changed mine, and it reads "well-known member". They do change by themselves over time.

20. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Wow, I didn't know there was a strategy behind all that.....:wideyed:

21. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I am a "Senior Member."

Which I find really funny, because I'm probably younger than most of you.

Draft saved Draft deleted