Coin dealer's ad--Chaim Greenberg

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Owle, Mar 12, 2012.

1. xGAJx

xGAJx Happy

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

Who buys coins out of magazines?

4. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Thousands of people do !

5. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

why? what fun is that?

6. Owle

Owle Junior Member

Have you never read the bright, bold colorful ads in all the glossy coin publications? One principle of successful advertising is repetition; if readers see the ad often enough, week after week or month after month they begin to believe the advertiser must be a "success" because the publication has continued to carry their ads. In many cases it is the other way around, the publication is so dependent on ad dollars they cannot risk losing the major advertisers.

I once asked Kleinman if the advertising he does was paying off, and he stated how very expensive the ads were, sometimes they did not help his business but in the long run maybe they build market presence and credibility. Now I see he tends to run the smaller ads.

7. Owle

Owle Junior Member

The Coin guy told me today the three line ad he runs in Newsday generates some interesting calls. This week someone called with 2500 Eisenhower dollars, the guy claimed the bank would not take them, so the guy said just give me two big ones and you can have all those heavy IKES. And that's what he did and some are 40 percenters.

8. Owle

Owle Junior Member

9. EricLee

EricLee New Member

10. Owle

Owle Junior Member

Not related, last name means nothing unless related.

11. EricLee

EricLee New Member

Thanks for a reply!

Draft saved Draft deleted