Coin club meetings

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by John Skelton, Mar 23, 2020.

1. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

I don't expect my coin club will have a meeting next month and was wondering how it's affecting other clubs around the country. We usually had around thirty members attending and you have to admit it's not something you can easily do via the internet.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

The Twin Cities Ancient Coin Club meeting was cancelled for March, and I doubt it will be on for April.

4. Publius2

Publius2 Well-Known Member

I belong to two coin clubs in central Florida and we have canceled all our meetings until further notice. One of my clubs hosts a monthly coin show and it has been canceled.

5. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

My club in Jackson MI met last week, very briefly to cancel our coin show scheduled for May 2nd. No more meetings till further notice.

6. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Last meeting was a week or two ago and we've canceled per the recommendation of the governor. It sucks not seeing your coin friends but it's all for the better in the long run.

7. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

The big annual coin show sponsored by the local coin club was supposed to happen this last weekend and it was canceled.

8. jafo50

jafo50 Active Member

We held our monthly meeting using Zoom meeting. We usually have about 20 to 25 members at the monthly face to face and less then 10 were on the Zoom meeting. I was even surprised at that number since most of the members at not tech savvy. Our club president is a young guy who helped those members navigate thru the setup. There was some coin talk and a show and tell but as you can imagine the topic of the most interest was covid19.
    The Zoom meeting is limited to 45 free minutes but our club purchased extra time as this will probably be the norm for some time.

9. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I belong to five local clubs and all of them have cancelled their meeting until at least May.

Draft saved Draft deleted