Coin Chat Closet Finds!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by SensibleSal66, Apr 7, 2024.

1. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

My wife and I cleaned out my hobby/ clothes/storage closet today. What a mess to put it nicely.
    We found all kinds of things but when she yelled to me down the hall as I took a break, " Sal, I found some coins in a medicine bottle. I quickly joked, are they old?". She said that they looked old. I trotted down the hall like I never have before ( wink.png ).
    In a small Rite-Aid bottle were 3 Silver dimes. One 1899, 1912 and 1928! OMG! The 3 coins I found while metal detecting over 15 years ago has surfaced again.
    Please post your coins that were lost but found in a closet or on the ground coins also! "I am Sam, Sam I am".
    Anyways, here they are :
    DimesDug.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Hey Sal, sounds like you need to metal detector your closet. Nice finds! :)

4. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Nice catch! I'm too afraid of what I may find in our closets, 40 years after starting out with a clean slate! :p (although I'm certainly missing some stuff which I know I had!!! :smuggrin:)

5. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

The only things I find in my closet are skeletons!

CoinCorgi, Tall Paul and green18 like this.
  6. SensibleSal66

Maybe some of your neighbors?
    Skeletons.jpg

7. Tall Paul

Tall Paul Supporter! Supporter

With chronological advancement comes a little bit of absent mindedness. This morning I put the box of Cheerios in the refrigerator instead of the cupboard.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

As long as ya don't put the sponges in the toaster, Paul, you're doin' just fine.......:)

9. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

And never put the sponges in the toaster to dry them.

Tall Paul and green18 like this.
  10. SensibleSal66

You did what to Sponge Bob?

Noah Worke, Tall Paul and green18 like this.
  11. Noah Worke

Noah Worke Well-Known Member

Well I found a pretty nice 1942 mercury dime as I was tidying up to head out for college, but that's about it. I keep a tight hold on my coins these days after I lost a couple. They're just miscellaneous US silver and don't really have a place in my collection anymore, so I'll probably sell them when they turn up. When I was just getting started the variety was nice, but I've got three sets going now. Five counting the less strict ones.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  12. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

All you’ll find in our closet is a pile of dirty laundry- mostly towels- and either a Siamese cat or a dachshund sleeping in the pile, depending on which of our laundry-fetish pets happens to be in it at the moment.

Draft saved Draft deleted