Coin card display

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Timothy Weitzel, May 6, 2021.

1. Timothy Weitzel

Timothy Weitzel New Member

All,

I have a number of these Silver Eagle coin cards (sample attached) and I'm not sure how to display them. Right now, they're in a lock box which is getting kinda heavy. Is there a box dedicated to displaying these that I can buy?

I'm not finding much luck searching on my own.

Thoughts?

Attached Files:

capthank likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Personally, I'd remove them from the cards and put them in airtites, or in tubes. They are just bullion silver.

Welcome to CT.

1stSgt22, Stevearino, GH#75 and 3 others like this.
  4. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Yeah, I am in agreement with @masterswimmer. Unless those cards hold special significance to you, I would put them into something that will provide at least a minimum of protection. Keep in mind that these are silver and they absolutely will tarnish.

1stSgt22, Inspector43 and Stevearino like this.
  5. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

You can get some airtites and Intercept shield boxes pretty cheap to store them and protect from tarnish (Wizard supply). I bought factory second Intercept boxes for 2x2s for only $1.49 each.

1stSgt22 and Stevearino like this.
  6. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

@Timothy Weitzel ...if you go with Airtites, which is highly recommended for ASEs, make sure you order the right size...jmho...Spark

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Put them in airtights and keep the cards, marking them with a post-it note if they have meaning to you.

Welcome to CT.

8. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT. You pretty much got the correct answer from several Knowledgeable members, good luck.

1stSgt22 and capthank like this.
  9. Timothy Weitzel

Timothy Weitzel New Member

I also have a number of these "Show Paks" from Littleton coin. Are these safe to keep as they are, or do I need airtites for these as well?

Attached Files:

1stSgt22 and capthank like this.
  10. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Since they are already "in plastic", although it might not be ideal, I think I would just leave them alone.

11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Yeah, don’t be concerned about them.

1stSgt22 likes this.
  12. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

If you have an idea in mind, I would be willing to talk to you about manufacturing a special hodler for these. Air tites are probably the way to go if you want to break them out however if you want to keep them as is, give me a direct message. Thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted