Coin app that gives coin value guestamites ??

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Pennybaby75, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Pennybaby75

Pennybaby75 Active Member

Hello CT World, ,
    I have a question for you.
    This app COINOSCOPE was mentioned on FB as a place to get a guesstimate on your coin.
    So I downloaded the app and it seems fairly easy to use and it gives you a guesstimate value and shows similar coins and what they sold for.. my question is would you use this app to get an accurate value or what I call a "guesstimate" ?.. I see alot of people asking "how much do you think my coin is worth " and most answers are "check ebay" .again is this a platform for those who are just looking for a price value good to try? Would you use it? Screenshot_20220703-055754_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20220703-060814_Coinoscope.jpg
    Thanks for taking the time to respond

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Checking ebay for current rate or price points that are selling...sold listings. Now I understand that you have heard this already, however on modern coinage, varieties, the price maybe over inflated do to demand. Then again softened at the point of saturation in the market place. Then there's the bid idiot syndrome where at any cost run up an artificial price point.
    Lastly... asking and getting.....esspecially in an economy with inflation. But yes do an advance ebay search... its a small check box next to search window. And fill out all the items you can answer...and see the finished listings..and take an average. As any printed text...on a modern specimen are most probably out of date before printing. Good Luck

4. Pennybaby75

Thanks Paddy54 for the response. Very helpful .

MIGuy and Paddy54 like this.
  5. QuintupleSovereign

QuintupleSovereign Well-Known Member

When trying to determine a fair selling price, I usually use two sources: (1) past Ebay listings, and (2) the Krause World Coin catalog.

Pennybaby75 likes this.
  6. Pennybaby75

@QuintuplesSovereign, I too use both as well . I figured that,
    I seen something new on FB and thought could it help or not and want to get others opinions on it..:happy:
    CT seems to give the best Advise and help

Thanks for the response

Kentucky likes this.
  7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Auction sold lists and Greysheet, are my "goto" for current worth.

mrweaseluv and Pennybaby75 like this.
  8. Pennybaby75

@Mountain Man
    Greysheet is new to me.. where do I find the Greysheet?

9. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Pretty much forget about greysheet, it costs over $300 a year to have access to it for any information that isnt already readily available elsewhere. as mentioned eBay sold listings is going to be your best source for low value coin prices especially raw coins.

There's also https://www.pcgs.com/auctionprices for graded coins

The best source will depend somewhat on what you're looking for but there's more than enough info out there to not be paying hundreds of dollars a year for a price guide

Pennybaby75 likes this.
  10. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

The ebay advanced records generally are very useful, as they are an accurate record of multiple sales.

From my experience, although C.D.N. has improved, generally it's believed to be a quite inaccurate wish list for Sellers.

I'm a Cac collector who purchases virtually every week, and like you, use both.

I constantly check internet sales throughout for raw, certified, and Caced availability and sales.

The problem with my system is the U.S. generally Gold coins are seemingly no longer being sold.

In the last few weeks available of "desirable" coins have probably dropped ~50%, and Sellers have generally increased prices.

JMHO

Pennybaby75 likes this.
  11. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

My 2 main sources as well, BUT I always add in a BIN search as well.. surprisingly more then once I've found bin examples well below list/current auction prices :D

Pennybaby75 likes this.
  12. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

The ebay advanced records generally are very useful, as they are an accurate record of multiple sales.

From my experience, although C.D.N. has improved, generally it's believed to be a quite inaccurate wish list for Sellers.

I'm a Cac collector who purchases virtually every week, and like you, use both.

I constantly check internet sales throughout for raw, certified, Caced availability and sales.

The problem with my system is the U.S. generally Gold coins are seemingly no longer being sold.

In the last few weeks available of "desirable" coins have probably dropped ~50%, and Sellers have generally increased prices.

I'm finding that intelligent sellers often list their coins for an indefinite period on ebay at an elevated value.

When eventually offered a reasonable price, or even their eBay price before taxes, etc. off-line, often are amenable.

JMHO

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    Pennybaby75 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted