Coin and currency sets, Whos in.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Autoturf, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Autoturf

Autoturf Well-Known Member

THey are far from accurate Meow, the new redbook list the values, but they keep changing. 2 years behind .

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Autoturf

Look at the reverse proof presidents of 2015 and 2016. edited you can only get them in cronicles sets.

4. ddddd

ddddd Member

If you don't want to trust data and coin publications, I can't add much more.
    Have fun! :)

5. Autoturf

I live the data buying them. you keep your publications, you don't purchase these or you would know. talking about the newer dollar coins.

6. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Well Meow is happy that it is reasonably priced. The sets that he BEP puts out are so expensive, and not even packaged all that nice.

7. Autoturf

THey are all for the most part still reasonably priced. usually under 22$ unless they are in TPG holders, then they are reasonable too , just a little more. the 2014 you can get for 22 also. not as easy, 2015 is the lowest priced with the W sac, the 2016 has the S enhanced, was 50k minted set, its been going up. usually 28-35$. unless you buy 5 then you can get them cheaper. but that was not the focus of this thread, just wanted to chat about the coin and currency sets. as always people like to try to debate yet don't offer anything positive to the conversation.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  8. Autoturf

there is ways to find them cheap with creative searches on ebay, I think most people have their own technique. and people list them in groups of other things. just takes time.

9. Autoturf

Nothing to do with publication. your math does not add up, and what you try to do is stir a pot, and im not interested in your rhetoric. thanks.

10. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

I won't be in.

11. MeowtheKitty

Meow is sorry to have created trouble.

12. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

No your wrong! In 1994 and 1997 two sets were produced both sets having a matte finish nickel.....no other sets offered by the US Mint had the matte finish coins.
    As pointed out by DDDDD the mintage was 167,703 for the 94 and 25000 for the 97.
    Those two numbers are spot on for the mintages,as the mint did produce ms,proof and satin finishes on those dates for other mint sets.
    But the matte finishes were only available in the coin and currency sets.....of 94 and 97.

ddddd likes this.
  13. MeowtheKitty

Wow, they sold a lot of them 1994.

14. Paddy54

You have no idea of what you're talking about and those who do youre refusing to believe the facts and posting false post on a subject matter you're totally wrong about! And here's another number thst may interest you the star notes in the 94 sets were only 5 % of the total number of 167,703 units produced.
    I've been a Jefferson nickel collector for over 50 plus years.....and the two numbers above were the lowest production of any date Jefferson nickel ever minted.

ddddd likes this.
  15. MeowtheKitty

Do you have a star note one you can show us?

16. Paddy54

No they sold out in both years......and compare mintages to other Jeffersons nickels including the 50 D !
    One would believe that the 94 and 97 matte nickels would be the keys to the set.

17. Paddy54

I do later today

18. MeowtheKitty

Thanks.

19. Autoturf

That's all good. the initial line said there were other sets with the matte nickel, and your trying to argue. there was others sets with matte nickel, I am glad to know know what happened to the others for 1994. as the mintage numbers were from sets and redbook did not add up at first. thanks. its really a minor issue of interpreting what I said. how you perceived.

20. Autoturf

I am not going to argue with you..., you show me where I posted something false. and I will agree. if it was the mintage of the sets, the publications are not accurate in 94 but that's after you started saying your wrong, this thread is not about nickels.

21. Paddy54

The red book is nothing MORE than a Guide! And yes values do change with supply and demand. The mintages however do not change nor does the fact that matte finished Jefferson nickels were produced in 1994 @167,703 and, again in 1997 @ 25000 coins struck.
    As far as in print mistakes made by Whitman or any other publisher do as there's always going to be mistakes....the cherry pickers guide is fully of mistakes....and why because they are made by humans!.....like yourself!;)

ddddd likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted