coin albums

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by OldSilver, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Irish2Ice

Irish2Ice Member

Greatly, Thanks Tater!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

Based on this thread I just purchased a Intercept Shield album for my new silver washington quarters series I am working on. It was a hard choice, Dansco street price is cheaper, they are move popular, made in USA. But since it's going to hold BU silver, I went with intercept just to be safe. I will post again when it comes in regarding build quality etc.

Thanks!

4. softmentor

softmentor Well-Known Member

I know I'm late to the party since you already made your decision. But just for the others who are readers not posters...
    I bought 3 Intercept shield albums and I'm not happy with them. A state quarter book and the quarters rattle around it the hole slots like it was a dollar book. Way to big. The type set I had to enlarge some of the holes to get the coins to fit and others were ratters like the quarter book. the third is a Indian Head book... not bad fit. but one out of 3 is really sorry odds. I won't be buying any more IS products.
    also Dansco is made in USA, IS is made in China.
    and I am far from convinced that their super duper chemical protection is really all that. Only time will tell on that part, but given China's manufacturing reputation (led in kids toys, toxic pet food, low quality steel, other shortcuts) I would not bet on it working or every book having equal quality.
    Go Dansco.

5. geekpryde

Well my Intercept Shield Washington Quarter Album showed up today. Purchased via eBay BIN. I think it looks VERY sharp, quality seems excellent, and I am very happy. My raw silver washingtons, picked up recently at a local coin show, looks really nice. Fit of each coin is very snug, no loose coins. No dusty mess in my album. I took some detailed pics in case it helps someone make a decision.

album-1.JPG album-2.jpg album-3.JPG album-4.JPG album-5.JPG

more pics to follow in next post.

6. geekpryde

album-6.JPG album-7.JPG album-8.JPG album-9.jpg

I dont have much experience with albums, since I've never purchased raw coins before. But I am kinda picky, and I think this album is great!

Draft saved Draft deleted