[CLOSED] You were saying?

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Marsden, Feb 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Have fun everyone, I'm going to take a break.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

Congrats @dano! That's awesome! I know that YN is going to be thrilled!

4. Marsden

Marsden Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20220208-191904_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20220208-191852_eBay.jpg To take the place of the Barber Dime, here's a Confederate half dollar. Pics from the web but mine is identical, including the descriptive card. YES IT'S A REPLICA.

Mentioned anything about the Old South?

5. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

duplicate ... sorry don't know how it happened

6. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

duplicate ... sorry don't know how it happened

7. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
  8. dano

dano Junior Member

PM sent. Thank you for running this contest.

CoinJockey73 and Inspector43 like this.
  9. Nevernotsurprised

Nevernotsurprised It could be .....

I just entered my home state at sign up of good old Pennsylvania . Dont know if I can link you to my info page though !

10. Nevernotsurprised

Nevernotsurprised It could be .....

11. Marsden

Sorry I missed this, probably didn't realize it was an official entry. Please PM me your address and I'll send the rebel coin forthwith.

A reminder to others regarding the rules: your referenced post must precede my mention, and you may only enter your own posts, not someone else's.

One more bit of exonumia, sort of. (Do replica coins count as exonumia?) And were you saying something about a capped bust half? This one's way oversized, among other things..

Screenshot_20220214-003509_eBay.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  12. RoseWesche

RoseWesche Official "Crazy Cat Lady"

I guess this would be an official entry post. Here’s one of my posts involving a Louisiana quarter. I’m posting a screenshot because I couldn’t figure out how to do a link to it. Sorry! I’m not very smart when it comes to technology! And thank you for your generosity and thoughtfulness. 07964840-6ED0-4A7B-ABCD-5C9CC1913765.png

Marsden and CoinJockey73 like this.
  13. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

Wooooo Hooooo!

This will go nicely with these two from my 1947 c.smith set.
    Wanted one of those for quite some time. Thank you!
    awesome . . . yee haw! message sent with adddress

Marsden
    I will pay something forward to a YN at our next local coin club meeting on your behalf.

CSA.jpg

Marsden and dano like this.
  14. dano

dano Junior Member

Marsden,
    Wanted to say thank you again. I received the Barber dime today. Looks great! The YN will love it!

15. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I like no date buffalo nickels. I restore them and give them away to grandkids and friends on the bus. Also give them to young checkout register folks. Their smiles are warm and genuine. Hope that helps

CoinJockey73 and dano like this.
  16. Cheech9712

You’ll do fine. Harmless CT love. I think this is the first time meeting you. Hope to hear from you more often.

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  17. Cheech9712

That was fun

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  18. Cheech9712

Ahhh. I like

CoinJockey73 and dano like this.
  19. Cheech9712

I’m happy for @dano also. The young boy will remember him

20. Marsden

The individual coins were easy to mail out. Even in cardboard 2x2s. Just fold them with some card stock and slip them in an envelope with a stamp on it.

The PCGS slabs, not so much. I'm having to spend $10 or $11 to ship them by Priority Mail since the USPS won't permit first-class mail to be paid for online.

I used to use PayPal Shipping in a case like this, but PayPal has now farmed out its shipping to another company, and it's really the last of many straws between me & PayPal.

My post office is a 45-minute drive and their self-service postage machine is usually out of order anyway.

Can anyone advise me? There's got to be a way.

21. Marsden

Forgot to add: I believe I can put stamps on the package but $4.75 in stamps doesn't fit. So I guess I could order $1 stamps? But I already have tons of unused stamps so I'm a bit leery of adding $1 stamps to the pile.

How does the USPS feel about postage on the back of the package? That could almost work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.