[CLOSED] Theodosius Giveaway #1 (five prize drawings for ancient coins)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, May 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

expat and lordmarcovan like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Many, many thanks @Theodosius, my first ever ancient. @lordmarcovan my deepest appreciation for your efforts in organising these giveaways, and congratulations to the other winners and to all who participated.

Theodosius, lordmarcovan and Kentucky like this.
  4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Rob no rush whenever ever you get around to it. ...thanks again

Theodosius, lordmarcovan and expat like this.
  5. Theodosius

Theodosius Fine Style Seeker

Big thank you to Lord Marcovan for running the contest and to all who entered. Congratulations to the winners, hope you enjoy your prizes and it spurs or continues your interest in ancient coins.

John

expat likes this.
  6. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Shipped, belatedly, to @Jfp7375.

COIN E.

EF follis of wide-eyed Constantine I, nice silvering. Sharp as a razor blade – great strike and no circulation wear. The best of the best.
    [​IMG]
    Constantine I, AD 306-337.
    Æ Follis, 20mm, 3.2g, 11h; Heraclea mint, AD 325-326.
    Obv.: CONSTANTINVS AVG; Laureate head right.
    Rev.. DN CONSTANTINI MAX AVG; VOT / XXX within laurel wreath // SMHΔ.
    Ref.: RIC 69

7. lordmarcovan

Shipped, to @Paddy54.

Tragically, this coin has come down with a bad case of bronze disease while it was here in my humid coastal environment. It is going to need some nursing. I did what I could with a dab of Vaseline, but... :(

COIN A.

Large drachm of Dionysos I.
    [​IMG]
    SICILY, Syracuse. Dionysios I. 405-367 BC.
    Æ drachm; 33mm, 31.1g, 3h; struck circa 380 BC.
    Obv.: ΣYPA; Helmeted head of Athena left.
    Rev.: Star between two dolphins.
    Reference: SNG Cop 720.
    Notes: Tooled.

8. Paddy54

I have some verdicare to treat with...but never the less I like it and I now own an Acient specimen for the collection once again.

Kentucky, expat and lordmarcovan like this.
  9. lordmarcovan

Shipped, to @expat.

COIN B.

Here’s a dupondius of Antoninus Pius with Annona reverse. Annona was the deity in charge of protecting grain shipments from Alexandria to Rome. Attractive details and patina, compare to VCoins here. Note: there are minor patina breaks on this coin where the brass shows through – it doesn’t come out in the pics.
    [​IMG]
    Antoninus Pius. AD 138-161.
    Æ dupondius, 28mm, 12.7g, 6h; Rome mint, AD 157.
    Obv.: ANTONINVS AVG PIVS PP IMP II; Radiate head right.
    Rev.: TR POT XX COS IIII, S-C; Annona standing right, foot on prow, holding rudder and modius set on knee.
    Ref.: RIC 969.
    From the Sulla80 Collection.

Kentucky, expat and tibor like this.
  10. lordmarcovan

I do not yet have addresses for:

@nerosmyfavorite68, for Coin C, or

@GoldBug999, for Coin D.

(Or if they contacted me, I've lost track of the messages. I will message them.)

expat likes this.
  11. lordmarcovan

@nerosmyfavorite68 and @GoldBug999 have been messaged about their @Theodosius contest winnings. So far no word back. I'll give 'em a month to claim their prizes, after which time we will re-draw new winner(s).

Kentucky likes this.
  12. Paddy54

I like to thank the sponcer as well Lord M ...I was pretty stoked to recieve the coin today! Unfortunately it was stolen in the mail see images. I did report it to my post office, however the coin was taken prior to hitting my PO as I get an informed delivery in my emails every morning. And it did show after I checked the image sent by usps.

Yes disappointed as I really like the looks of this coin... and was so schocked to be honest to have won.
    No worries as I am happy to knowing that I won....but also wanted to post a thanks as well a heads up...as I suspect that there may be more empty envelopes coming to a mail box near you!
    Again many thanks to Theodosius and Rob... you guys rock.... and knowing that there are people like you guys out there....makes up for a thiefs ill gotten gain! And lastly this is where Karma comes in to play....of course good Karma for you two..... and a ton of bad for the theif....
    Please let Lord M know should you recieve a empty envelopes!!! ;) TheodosiusContest1A-1.jpg 20220702_160559.jpg 20220702_160547.jpg

13. expat

Sorry to hear that. Here's hoping for a slow and very painful demise of the sub-human who did that.

Paddy54 likes this.
  14. lordmarcovan

Hey, Paddy, that sucks. First the bronze disease, then this. That was a cursed coin! I hope it crumbles to dust in the thief's hands. (It was shedding lots of green dust here, already.)

Not to worry- I've gotcha something even better. ;)

expat likes this.
  15. Paddy54

Rob thats not necessary at all.... and please don't....I cherish your friendship, and the goodness of Theodosius for sponcing the contest.
    Yes we all like material things...me too. But again the positive vibes ,good karma, and good friends...have no measure to stuff.... stuff can always be replaced... good friends cannot.
    Again no worries...mabe next time Ok? Thanks Paddy

Theodosius and expat like this.
  16. lordmarcovan

@Theodosius rewarded me handsomely OBSCENELY overcompensated me for shipping this stuff, so I can afford to send you an even nicer replacement coin and still not be out of pocket. It might not be another ancient, but it'll be something fun. And I know your address, so you can't refuse. ;)

17. Paddy54

I truly appreciate your support but someones demise...no worries as Karma will do its job.... as it is a double edged sword....and the thief will ...well they will receive their just desserts!;)

18. expat

LOL, I should of explained better. I meant socially and financially, not the long sleep

19. Paddy54

Well there have been a few that I have tried to over the years...to eliminate! A couple...of times... in my business life... but this old dog rather curl up for a nap than fight these days.
    But as a former meat cutter ,as well studied anatomy in college ...I rather cut ya...then shoot ya.... ;)

expat likes this.
  20. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

21. lordmarcovan

I told you I'd get you something you'd like. This is in the mail. It fell out of my Eclectic Box recently.

[​IMG]

Theodosius, Paddy54 and expat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.