[CLOSED] Santinidollar Fall Contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Santinidollar, Oct 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

It’s time for the Santinidollar Fall Contest! The contest will run until Nov. 15 at 11:59 p.m.

This time around, there will be two winners, along with two prizes. The first winner gets his or her choice of the prizes. The second winner captures the other prize. There’s no need to designate your preferred prize on your entry.

Prize No. 1 — Nine Jefferson nickel proofs, 1956 through 1964, in Guardhouse capsules.

E7739412-BF50-4DFE-BEA3-C0A3808B7309.jpeg

Prize No. 2 — 1965 Special Mint Set with all the Mint trimmings.

DD0029E0-AF5C-49DE-9E07-A9FC9C505639.jpeg 105D8F44-2D2B-4A00-B21D-38EF17413868.jpeg

FEBA45B0-70FF-4B6A-81FC-89879FF593F7.jpeg

Here are the rules:
    1. To enter, post a coin, paper money, medal, token etc. that you would be proud to show off. U.S., foreign and ancient entries all welcome. Be sure and put ENTRY POST on your entry.

2. You are limited to ONE entry post. Multiple entries will all be disqualified.

3. The winner will be selected by random number generator. Contest entries will be designated a number for the drawing in the order they are posted.

4. Due to postal problems, I have to limit the contest to the 48 contiguous states of the United States. I will pay for shipping and tracking.

5. I must ask that you have at least 50 coin-related postings to Coin Talk to enter.

6. In case of disputes, I will ask @lordmarcovan to mediate.

7. You may designate your prize to a young collector if you choose.

8. If you are under 18 and live at home, please get your parent or guardian’s permission to enter since I will have to have your address if you win.

Good luck and have fun!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

ENTRY POST
    Not eligible for a prize so would like to nominate @Noah Worke to receive it should my number be picked. Great contest and good luck to all entrants.
    Here is an ancient of Emperor Trajan
    Trajan ae dupondius AD 98-117.jpg

4. Abramthegreat

Abramthegreat Well-Known Member

Entry Post:
    A little something @lordmarcovan sent me:
    upload_2022-10-15_17-21-2.png

upload_2022-10-15_17-20-48.png

Thank you! I hope to host a contest sometime....

5. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Entry post,thanks:):). Screenshot_20220702-080218_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20220702-080222_Photos.jpg

6. Good Cents

Good Cents Well-Known Member

Entry Post

British 2018 10oz Silver Coin called "Valiant". It's the only year of this design. Later years were designed differently.

Thank you SatinDollar for doing this contest!

British Silver Valiant 10oz 2018 Pic 4.jpg British Silver Valiant 10oz 2018 Pic 5.jpg

Kasia, jamor1960, Clawcoins and 2 others like this.
  7. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

ENTRY POST
    gotta love gold
    upload_2022-10-15_20-58-8.png upload_2022-10-15_20-58-17.png

Santinidollar likes this.
  8. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

ENTRY POST

Thank you for the contest and your kindness.

I'm proud to own this rare Medallic Art Co. silver oddity.
    1963 Theodore Roosevelt
    Medallic Art Co
    .999 silver PROCESS SET
    STAGE EXAMPLE

1963TheodoreRooseveltErrorMedallicArtCo999Gallery.jpg

Not only is this my favorite of the .999 silver Medallic Art Company President series medals, this 1963 Theodore Roosevelt issue is part of an 8 pc "Process Set"!

It is certainly the first one I have ever seen of any of these in silver. I have only seen another Medallic Art Co Presidential Series Kennedy 8 pc set in Bronze.
    None of the other Presidents, of any of the Declaration signers, or Statehood series similar medals have been spotted by me.
    But I am super happy that this happened on the President Theodore Roosevelt issue.

I have found that no doubt, I have 1 part of a "process set"
    Here is a link to an 8 pc set of Kennedy items that is from the same President Series minted by Medallic Art Co but in bronze.

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/l...-medal-process-set-bronze-32-41-mm-mint-state

In the case that this disappears I am crediting these two photos below to Stack's Bowers Galleries STACKSBOWERS.COM
    9785eeca-371c-4bb9-9b57-b9450daa0992.jpg

I have quite a few Theodore Roosevelt items now in my exonumia collection.

It may have some hairline scratches from a improper handling or those lines might be more evident because it is an unfinished product in the "process" in the making of the medal.

This appears to be what is called the 3rd or 4th Strike. I cannot tell the difference. It would be sandblasted and trimmed sometime after this stage and those scratches would disappear.

Well, even if it has light scratches, I am not all that upset because of the rarity. I might get this one slabbed.

9. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

Entry Post: Thank you for the contest and your generous prizes.
    If chosen I would like the prizes to go to the next YN who posts on this contest, doubling their chance.
    Here is my favorite 1 ounce silver bullion bar. o.jpg

10. Noah Worke

Noah Worke Well-Known Member

Thank you for the nomination! I've been doing some reading on the Roman Empire lately, and it wasn't until too long ago that I thought Trajan and Trajan Decius were the same person.

11. Noah Worke

Entry Post

Here is a coin I am proud to show off- My first Ancient, an antoninianus of Gordian III. Whenever I get the question of "What's your favorite coin?" I always answer that it's this one. GordianIIIMartemOBV.jpg GordianIIIMartemREV.jpg

BuffaloHunter and Santinidollar like this.
  12. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Nice Gordian! You have a triple chance now in this contest, see post #8

13. BuffaloHunter

BuffaloHunter Short of a full herd Supporter

Entry post - for @Noah Worke .......... and now you have four chances

I just love the draped bust design.

1807 50c obv.jpg

14. Noah Worke

Thank you! Four entries has got to be some kind of record

15. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

ENTRY POST
    Thanks for a most generous offer! Here's a cute, cuddly, panda bear I got a while back.
    1-oz-1985-Chinese-Gold-Panda-Obverse.jpg

Kasia, expat, Noah Worke and 2 others like this.
  16. Wizank

Wizank Well-Known Member

Entry Post - Thanks very much for this contest.
    canadian_provinces-1-2-penny-1854.jpg

expat and Santinidollar like this.
  17. jamor1960

jamor1960 The More I learn, the Less I know....

Entry Post. Didn't realize how bad that obverse pic was until I looked at it on the computer!! Sorry. :D 20220902_155431.jpg 20220902_155441.jpg

expat and Santinidollar like this.
  18. Joshua Lemons

Joshua Lemons Well-Known Member Supporter

Entry post.

Thanks for the contest and the cool prizes!!!
    A recent pickup of mine that I absolutely love. A 50mm coin housed in an oversized NGC holder. Limited mintage of 999 coins.
    Polish_20221018_102451171.png Polish_20221018_102513028.png

19. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Entry Post. Thanks for the Most Generous Contest!!
    This is my very First "found"(Metal Detected) and my first ever Large Cent owned. Also, my best-looking LG. Cent found ever as well. :happy:
    This coin has much better " eye appeal" in hand than my crummy Pictures show. :rolleyes:
    1847LgCentObv.jpg 1847LGREV.jpg

20. Penny Luster

Penny Luster Well-Known Member

21. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Entry Post

Thanks for your generosity!

Now for something of mine that's a little different, and appropriate for this time of year.

Z

101948.jpg
    101948O.jpeg 101948R.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.