[CLOSED] Quarter Notes Giveaway #15 (already won before it even got posted)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Apr 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Contest status: CLOSED
    Drawing: none (@potty dollar 1878 won by order of the Quarter Master himself)
    Shipped 10 April 2023
    Winner's notice of receipt

I just received this via email, under the subject line, "Credit where Credit is Due":

"Hello Rob,

I am reassured to see that my latest priority box made it safely to you. There have been many anecdotal reports of poor service by the USPS.

But, the main reason I am writing to you today is because of a lingering mystery regarding QuarterNotes Contest number 13 and 14. In each of those giveaways PottyDollar entered the suggestion ‘ 90 C ‘ which was intended for use on Florida coins. The meaning eluded me, and apparently everyone else on CoinTalk. It would be easy to simply dismiss it as nonsensical gibberish, except for the solid reputation of the author. I therefore directed that the puzzle occupy a small but significant corner in the back of my brain, to be subconsciously analyzed 24/7.

Yesterday I finally cracked the code, and I must say I am impressed. Potty’s suggestion fully embodies all the elements of a great QN inscription. It initially appears meaningless, but when solved is plainly obvious. Not an easy thing to accomplish. Further, I now see that his idea can be expanded to at least one other related inscription, thereby creating a theme for several batches of Florida counterstamps.

In public acknowledgement of this momentous achievement, I hereby decree that PottyDollar be immediately declared the winner of Contest #15, then subsequently we can move on to #16. In accordance with my previous instructions, it would also seem appropriate to award him the YN swag as well.

This honor does not prevent Potty from entering future giveaways. On the contrary, he is encouraged to do so. The only condition is that he must provide different suggestions.

The QuarterMaster"​

So, @potty dollar 1878 ... you've won, by dictate of the QM himself!

I shall need a reminder on your address.

Crazy how you're almost always the first to win a contest, but this one you managed to win before I ever even got it posted!
    :p

Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

That means @potty dollar 1878 will receive:

(12) different counterstamped quarters
    (1) Kansas "RUST" quarter, non-counterstamped, with weak or missing T in TRUST
    (1) 1936-D Buffalo nickel, NGC MS63​

[​IMG]

4. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Well done @potty dollar 1878
    I telepathically nominated you to win this round and it appears that the Quartermaster is a mind reader.
    Enjoy your prizes

5. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Wow!!!thank you so much:):).

lordmarcovan and expat like this.
  6. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

7. lordmarcovan

@potty dollar 1878 - your goodies are in the mailbox, to go out Monday, 4/10. Be sure to let us know here, when you receive them.

8. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

It came:):).

lordmarcovan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.