[CLOSED] LordM, Santinidollar, & Nas giveaway, March 2019

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Mar 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrbadexample

mrbadexample Well-Known Member

Entry post.

If the small god of luck smiles on me I would choose 4,3,2,1.

This month I had my best ebay find yet. Underneath the muck lies a Freeman 164a, a rare die pairing that means it's worth 40-50 times the £5.61 I paid for it.

1908 F164a (3).JPG

Most of the muck came away reasonably easily with a little warm water and a softened cocktail stick. :)

1908 F164a (6).JPG

Thanks again to the generous contributors.

Theodosius, Bayern, Paul M. and 4 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

View attachment 912191 Entry post.

I posted this Boeing medallion on Coin Chat and didn’t get any answers so I thought I’d use it here to see if the Lord Matcovan and his retinue has any insight.

Many Boeing medallions our there over the years but I can’t match this one up with the cataloged ones.

And thanks Lord M and all for another enjoyable contest. You all rock!

Steve 38CA1025-886F-4540-B286-3FAC595BE3A9.jpeg 81CD7D55-1618-4C4F-8A0A-9EBA55C546BC.jpeg 38CA1025-886F-4540-B286-3FAC595BE3A9.jpeg 81CD7D55-1618-4C4F-8A0A-9EBA55C546BC.jpeg

Paul M. and Santinidollar like this.
  4. Patrick M

Patrick M Razor edge MD

Very nice bargain! Congrats! Do you have a good online resource for these varieties? I know that for 1908 penny there's Freeman 164, 164A, 165 and 166... maybe there're more??? I don't know...

lordmarcovan likes this.
  5. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Entry post

3, 4, 2, 1

Almost every day I get silver in the mail.
    Recently, I received Sterling flatware from three different sellers. Each piece was part of a purchase that included multiple coins.
    Some recent coin acquisitions are an 1870 5 Pesetas Silver Crown, an 1871 5 Pesetas Silver Crown, and a 1909 French Indo-China 1 Piaster De Commerce
    ( French Trade Dollar ).
    Seems like I've been gravitating towards the larger Crown-size silver coins more of late.

Bayern, Patrick M and lordmarcovan like this.
  6. Hookman

I had three but I gave one away to a Lady I met who, ironically, was born in Panama, went to work for an airlines, and moved to the U.S.. Her dad still lives there so she flies back and forth for visits and brings me coins....modern ones.
    So I had to reciprocate, but in a Coin Talk !! kind of way.
    When I gave her the tiny "pill" she didn't understand why such a small coin was worth much more than the large modern Balboas. She does now.

Bayern, Kentucky and lordmarcovan like this.
  7. Hookman

5 DOLLARS !!! WoW, what a deal. Is there a story behind it or just a lucky find?

lordmarcovan likes this.
  8. Hookman

Yeah, I collect those, I've got a bunch of 'em. I just want to get one of those large silver dollars.....when I can afford one.

Do you collect Sarawak?

lordmarcovan likes this.
  9. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Nice quickie conservation job! Looks better, but still fully original.

Sorry, no clue. Cool lookin' medal, though.

mrbadexample likes this.
  10. David Eugene Swiger

David Eugene Swiger Active Member

entry post; (Either way, thanks for this chance)
    I'm so confused. Some say the Eisenhower 1972 type one must be a square font, others say it is just a larger font and still others say it must be a "P" mint. Then why do I have a large font, slanted ends from a Denver mint? My thoughts, the upper is Type 1 (D mint), the lower is Type 2 (P mint). {I'll take #'s 1,2,3 & 4. Thank you}

Attached Files:

lordmarcovan likes this.
  11. mrbadexample

mrbadexample Well-Known Member

Online, no. You really need the book.

Because although this site has some excellent information, it doesn't feature the die pairings and only covers pennies.

And yes, four pairings for the 1908 as you described (plus F167 if you include the proof). :D

Bayern and Patrick M like this.
  12. Patrick M

Patrick M Razor edge MD

Thank you for the info! Appreciated!

13. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Oops. Forgot to put in my choices IF I win. Way better chance than the Powerball this week. 3,4,2,1. I'd be tickled to win any of them. Thanks, again, folks!

Steve

14. Patrick M

Patrick M Razor edge MD

The large silver dollars are really nice! 1903 and 1904 are the largest 37mm. No Sarawak for me but I was thinking about it. I'm waiting (still in the mail) for a 1896 H British North Borneo, neat one imo. Kind of close to Sarawak kingdom :)

Bayern and Hookman like this.
  15. Shrews1994

Shrews1994 Collecting is my passion.

Entry post
    I only have this picture. I try not to fill up my pictures with coins! I'd have like 400 pictures of coins.trying to take the best photos.lol but a very nice 1967 cent. Who were the winners last month? If I won I would like prize number four 2340.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    Bayern and lordmarcovan like this.
  16. lordmarcovan

Pretty cent, nice photo.

You can look back at last month's giveaway by following its link from the archive list in Post #2.

Shrews1994 likes this.
  17. lordmarcovan

Even better when you crop out the wasted space:

20190328_085459.jpg

Patrick M and Shrews1994 like this.
  18. lordmarcovan

BTW, you need to pick your prize preferences in case you win one of the drawings.

19. Shrews1994

Shrews1994 Collecting is my passion.

Oh ok.

20. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Maybe that is a giant sluice box and the cat is walking thru it on the edges of the ridges.

Bayern and Ryro like this.
  21. Harpo

Harpo Missing in Action

Entry Post. Thanks again for a great contest. These are the best 1904_Full_Obv-Nickel.jpg

My picks are simple: #1, #2, #3 or #4

Stevearino likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.