[CLOSED] LordM, Nathan401, & Santinidollar giveaway, July 2018

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Make sure that rifle can’t backfire on you.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. APX78

APX78 Well-Known Member

I store coins in 2x2's, so I don't have a need for the bezel, but thank you for the offer.:)

4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I've had one to do that from old ammo. My bad...never again.

5. BlackBeard_Thatch

BlackBeard_Thatch Captain of the Queen Anne's Revenge

Entry post

I forgot to tag it in my other post :facepalm:
    Been one of those weeks so far...

lordmarcovan likes this.
  6. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

I'm so used to the typical crap seen in the errors forum. I definitely overlooked that!

Santinidollar and lordmarcovan like this.
  7. DEA

DEA Well-Known Member

01-crown-1953-km894-obv.jpg 01-crown-1953-km894-rev.jpg Entry post . . . .

Since it is the Fourth of July and the 242nd year anniversary of our Declaration of Independence from Great Britain, I thought this one semi-appropriate. Also in acknowledgment that we are probably very soon at the end of an era when it comes to the House of Windsor. In addition, I acknowledge that I have a real soft spot in my heart and mind for British coins. And the British themselves. God save the Queen!

8. cwart

cwart Senior Member Supporter

Entry Post

If Lord M will allow me to recycle one of my pics from the CircCam thread ... My wife and I have greatly enjoyed the Victoria series on PBS. It opened in an interest in the coins of her reign for me. My favorite on so far is this shilling, an 1838, the earliest I have from her time on the throne....

FGB-SH1838.001obv.JPG
    FGB-SH1838.001rev.JPG

9. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Happy Birthday to the United States of America!! IMG_1255.JPG
    IMG_0762.JPG IMG_0763.JPG IMG_0178.JPG IMG_0179.JPG Have a safe Holiday!!!!!

10. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Happy Fourth of July, everyone!

Here is a Spanish Colonial (Mexico City) half-real I found here on St. Simons Island, Georgia, while metal detecting in 1995. I dug it on the site of a villa once occupied by James Oglethorpe, founder of the Georgia colony. Oglethorpe wouldn't have been the one who lost this coin - he left Georgia and returned to England in 1743, well before the Revolution. This is likely a relic of a later plantation-era homesite built near Oglethorpe's earlier villa.

This is appropriate to the topic at hand because of the year it was struck. :)

[​IMG]

It was my first dug coin find from the 1700s, so needless to say I was very excited.

The next morning I went back out there and found a second half-real about five feet from where I had dug the 1776. The second one was in nicer condition and dated 1787.

[​IMG]

11. Bert Gedin

Bert Gedin Well-Known Member

Hi LordM, other generous donors, and all. Some stupid queries, if I may. As one of the lucky June winners, am I still entitled to join in the July Giveaway( or would that be classed as Greediness ?)? The entry post, this time, must include something coin-related. Would that allow medallions, replicas, amulets etc., or even banknotes ? I do hope my trivial questions deserve answers, please !

12. DEA

DEA Well-Known Member

Is that a cross or a trident at six o'clock? I recalled it as a trident and when looking at some Barbados one-cents (KM 10) where there is a tiny trident on the obverse, my brain remembered this unknown of yours. Barbados cannot be accurate. I feel (not think) lordmorcovan is blazing a more accurate trail with his western European vibe.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  13. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Sure. Despite being a winner in June, you may enter the July giveaway - or not - at your own discretion. The prizes are awarded randomly, after all.

14. Bert Gedin

Thanks, LordM. You have answered the first part of my questions. The second part is - How restrictive, or wide-ranging is "coin-related" ? For instance, if do join for July, could I refer to a story about e.g. a medal (i.e. not a "coin") ?

Nathan401 likes this.
  15. Bert Gedin

P.S. What does your cat-on-your-hat think ?

16. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I like medals. IMG_0534.JPG IMG_0535.JPG This is silver and has a wicked relief: IMG_0536.JPG Stephen Hopkins signed the Declaration of Independence as a representative of Rhode Island.

17. Jason Lautzenheiser

Jason Lautzenheiser Active Member

Entry post

Here is a shot of a portion of the world bulk lot I'm currently searching through. Nothing to exciting, but I do enjoy going through them nonetheless.

20180705_115956.jpg

18. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Entry Post.
    Thank you again for a chance to get neat free stuff!
    Here is a pic of my Grandfather's Pop Out Coins.
    Grandp Harold K Vaughn's Pop Out Coins - 1914,1914,1912 #2.jpg

19. Bert Gedin

If I may comment on DEA's Entry Post, it's an elegant 1953 image of Her Majesty on a Horse. However, being in her 90's, she is no longer equestrian. From this Non-Royalist, God save the Queen, and God save that beautiful Queen's Horse !!!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  20. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Entry Post

Interesting German notgeld notes

n3.jpg

21. KArmstrong

KArmstrong New Member

[Entry Post]

Hello! I am pretty new to the coin community. I find it very relaxing and super fun to search for hidden treasures. I am learning a ton and I think I finally figured out the differences in doubled dies thanks to a few members here and some sites they referred me to. I am really interested in starting my own collection one day. My almost-3-year old learned the word coin today. He thinks it starts with a 'Q'. He said Q is for coin when I taught him the word. LOL

Also, thanks for this awesome opportunity. You guys rock!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.