[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #93 (on behalf of Mountain Man)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Apr 27, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momof4

Momof4 Active Member

I see all these “Lords” on here….. I’m thinking my fav Mountain Man needs a name change!!! - KING OF THE NORTH!!! Oh, and yes- I will take that awesome coin any day!! I’ve never had an ancient coin…… SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER FUN HOBBY to keep me awake all night!!!

PamR and lordmarcovan like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Eric Babula

Eric Babula Active Member

Entry Post: Thanks for the contest @lordmarcovan! I'm not 100% sure I want to win, though. You might make me start collecting Roman coins!

@MountainMan - my wife and I visited Montana last year. Had I been a little smarter, we should have looked you up! We didn't pass very far from you (Hwy 90 thru Butte/Drummond/Missoula...), on our way to GNP. I have to admit, that's my favorite Nat'l Park yet. We usually stay on the East side, at Swiftcurrent Lodge, but this time there was a staffing problem, and we were moved to Many Glacier Hotel for the same cost - not too shabby. We've been to GNP quite a few times, and have talked about moving out to either Montana or Colorado in retirement. Well, we're retired now and looking around. But, housing prices are still too expensive - hoping for a downturn.

Hmm, I'm supposed to post something to please @MountainMan. Well, first of all, thanks for all your contributions to this forum! From what I've read over the years, you're a pretty cool dude, and are very knowledgeable and willing to share your knowledge with others! Thanks for that, and thanks for taking our friend @PamR under your wing!

Here's a pic of a little friend we made along the Redrock Falls hike! He was one of many we saw on this trip! He was so cute and fluffy, I just had to go up and give him a big hug! Sooo coool!!!!!
    IMGP0924 - Reduced Size.JPG

SensibleSal66, PamR and lordmarcovan like this.
  4. PamR

PamR You Never Know! Supporter

Smiles! I am not sure you read it, but on general discussion I posted about our friend, titled Mountain Man Legend. Yes he has taught me a lot along with his other friends here. The bear is beautiful! A hug????? :wideyed:

Eric Babula and lordmarcovan like this.
  5. PamR

Entry Post: @Mountain Man has taught me many things about coins but most of all, teaching me to not just to look at a coin but to get to know that coin. Makes sense to me of how I worded it. But as he always says, “if coins could talk” which I know many have said. So more or less, anyone can have a coin but a coin to him, has a story. I’m no where near the collector as many of you are here, but going through my dad’s and mom’s coins, yes Lincoln’s, by the way, @Mountain Man does not care for Zincolns lol. But going through them, he has made me feel welcome here.
    I would like this entry post to go to @Cheech9712 if I am the winner so she can begin her a new collection. Thank you @lordmarcovan for doing this for our friend. You are a gem!

masterswimmer and lordmarcovan like this.
  6. PamR

They are interesting but I think I best lay low for a long time on ancient coins. Lol! Mountain would sure say, Pam Pam Pam! Lol!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  7. Abramthegreat

Abramthegreat Well-Known Member

lordmarcovan and PamR like this.
  8. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

If I wake up in the middle of the night (as is so often the case on the nights when I’m off work), I might do the drawing in the wee hours. Time to get your last-minute entries in, if you haven’t already entered! ;)

PamR and mrweaseluv like this.
  9. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Okay! :nailbiting: Can't wait!!

goodpost.gif
    goodpost.gif

10. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

WoWPic.jpg

11. lordmarcovan

Whaddya know, I slept through the whole night. Not something that usually happens. Being a hotel night auditor and thus accustomed to a nocturnal cycle, I’m often up all hours of the night, even when I’m off work. But last night I slept.

Anyway, now it’s daytime on the 21st, and the birdies are chirping outside. Let me go to my desktop PC and we’ll do the drawing…

12. lordmarcovan

And now, the random drawing.

Our lucky number was... 35!

upload_2023-5-21_8-23-8.png

And Post #35 was by... @Bradley Trotter ... on behalf of @Evan Saltis!

Good on you, @Bradley Trotter. And coingratulations, @Evan Saltis!

Please post here later when you have received your prize, so I can update the original post.

13. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I missed the drawing but doens't matter.
    I think I have this token stored somewhere in my safe which is another @Mountain Man type token. images snatched from numista.com

upload_2023-5-21_8-31-12.png
    King's Mountain National Military Park was established March 3, 1931. The Battle of Kings Mountain was fought on October 8, 1780. In this on hour battle a Loyalist force under Major Patrick Ferguson was toally defeated by a group of "mountain men" under the command of Colonel William Campbell of Virgina. This Patrior victory was the first link in a chain of events leading to final American victory in the Revolution.

--- congrats ... @Bradley Trotter ... on behalf of @Evan Saltis!

14. lordmarcovan

@Evan Saltis - the coin is in my outgoing mail, to move tomorrow (Monday, 5/22).

PamR likes this.
  15. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

Thank you for the contest and congrats to Bradley.
    A wonderful prize.

PamR and lordmarcovan like this.
  16. PamR

Last edited: May 21, 2023
    lordmarcovan likes this.
  17. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Congrats to the winner.

18. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

It has arrived and looks great!!! Thanks again!!

19. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Darn!

Off by one!

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  20. lordmarcovan

Thanks for the final update!

Evan Saltis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.