[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #80 (eight drawings- all Roman coins)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Dec 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Update: I have decided to wrap up the contest with a silver Roman coin in Round 8. Stay tuned to see what that will be!

Yep, I'll be adding a Round 8 mystery prize, to be revealed later, when we get to that round in the contest.

It will either be an earlier antoninianus struck in good silver, or a denarius. Probably the latter. Like the ones you've been seeing, it will have Herr Buschbeck's notes in German, since it will have come from the same source lot as these other prize coins.

I have updated the summary in the intro post accordingly.

dwhiz, IrishLuck, expat and 4 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Newbee03

Newbee03 Well-Known Member

I want that!!
    I want that to add to the collection along with the other one I'm waiting on!!!!

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  4. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Having ancients are nice,but a silver ancient would be a dream come true!!!:):).

5. Abramthegreat

Abramthegreat Well-Known Member

That will be fun!

6. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

I want it because I don't have a Carinus ancient coin. LOL

7. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

I want it..... for @Rick Stachowski! Who hasn't even played but deserves it for being a friend, especially this year.:)

8. BurrosCoins

BurrosCoins Well-Known Member

I want it. I need it so I would have an ancient that isn’t a replica.

Been busy and haven’t been able to follow along the last couple of days. Congratulations to the previous winners.

9. chlorinated

chlorinated Well-Known Member

I want it.

Because 1 ancient is better than 0!

dwhiz and Abramthegreat like this.
  10. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Thanks Sal I really appreciate the friendly comment . I have lots of good stories in my life, but the one that comes to my mind the most is when I was 12 years old .

My mother's mother was getting remarried and I went on a trip with my grandmother in her new husband . My grandmother's new husband had a grandson that was 18 years old and kind of a troublemaker .

For some reason me and him hit it off .
    My grandmother and her new husband took us on a trip to a place called Heritage Village which was owned by PTL .

One of the days that we were there me and my new friend went on a walk . We came to this empty lot it had houses on either side . So we decided to vengeant into the empty lot .

Once we entered a lot everything disappeared there was no more houses on either side and we were deep in the heavy Woods .

My new friend said where are we and I told him not to worry I could get us out of here .

Eventually we came out same place we went in craziest thing I've ever seen I still remember it to this day, just like it was yesterday .

I really think we time warped to a different dimension and we're never supposed to get out .

This is a true story .

lordmarcovan, dwhiz and SensibleSal66 like this.
  11. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

I'll also tell you the last thing to happen to me 5 years ago . My mother was dying of cancer and I was at the hospital every other day to see her .

I remember the last Sunday that she was alive . The hospital was quite busy that day and on the way out I was walking with a group of people and heard a woman say sir sir and I knew she was looking for me .

So I stopped and waited and she came up to me and I said how may I be of service to you . She said do you know what A Spiritual Reader is and I said yeah I think I do .

She said she could read Souls . Then she told me I had the most beautifulest soul she's ever seen .

She also made me promise her that I would never change .

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  12. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

I want it ............ For @TheNickelGuy as I have Carinus already
    CARINUS.jpg

13. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I want that because my son would still love an ancient coin.

lordmarcovan and Abramthegreat like this.
  14. IrishLuck

IrishLuck Well-Known Member

I want it.
    I have no ancients and I’m being drawn to the dark side.

lordmarcovan and SensibleSal66 like this.
  15. ArbySea

ArbySea Well-Known Member

I want that.

Congatulations to @masterswimmer and thanks to @lordmarcovan (aka Nostradamus) for a great giveaway and giving us (but more specifically, me) another chance at an ancient.

Still looking for my first one, and #3 looks interesting and worth learning more about.

lordmarcovan, dwhiz, expat and 2 others like this.
  16. SensibleSal66

How long does this round last? Grumble grumble!:smug::hilarious:
    Oh your lordship. Where are thou? @lordmarcovan .:smuggrin:

17. potty dollar 1878

(patience)the first one lasted 5 days.

18. SensibleSal66

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  19. potty dollar 1878

You already picked @Rick Stachowski a little earlier,I won one from the last one recently.

20. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

I want that! For myself! I would love to add a coin of Carinus..

I’m also anxiously waiting for the last round. Can’t wait to see what LordM has up his sleeve!

lordmarcovan and expat like this.
  21. Noah Worke

Noah Worke Well-Known Member

I want that for @IrishLuck, because every new collector deserves to have an ancient coin!

lordmarcovan, Abramthegreat and expat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.