[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #78 (Twelve drawings)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Nov 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I want it
    I like Buffalos (and dogs esp Corgis)
    and about *any* US coin. lol

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

They’re not terribly expensive, so even if you don’t win this one and you end up buying one, it shouldn’t break the bank.

4. Abramthegreat

Abramthegreat Well-Known Member

I "want" it
    because the proof gives it a cool look...

5. Tall Paul

Tall Paul Supporter! Supporter

I've been to Mt. Rushmore and remember leaning over a wall and seeing a schorl tourmaline embedded in a granite boulder. I was so tempted to leap over the wall and see if I could chip that crystal out of its home. Needless to say my better angel won and I left the crystal in its place. My better angel also agrees with Mountain Man, if this post should win, please pass the coin onto a youngster being sure to give credit to MM for the original generosity of thought.

6. lordmarcovan

Curiosity piqued, I had to look up “schorl tourmaline”. Interesting. I didn’t know there were black ones. Seen a few of the watermelon-colored tourmalines, which are pretty.

7. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

Here you go LordM... a couple pieces from my shelf :D lots and lots of it up here in NH
    20221124_190852.jpg 20221124_190855.jpg

8. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

9. BurrosCoins

BurrosCoins Well-Known Member

Thanks for the contest @lordmarcovan. Very nice coin. Best of luck to all those that enter.

10. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

I want it....Because my Mom was born in Mitchell ND and when I was younger she and some other relatives went to visit without me.:( I was in college at the time and couldn't go.
    Very lovely coin that would fit my collection just fine and dandy! Love Proofs! Thanks for the generous contest!!:happy:

11. Mr. Numismatist

Mr. Numismatist Strawberry Token Enthusiast

I want it.

I love proof coins especially larger ones like Half Dollars and Dollars. I also really like the bison on the reverse.

12. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Well-Known Member

I want it !
    Buffalos represent a great piece of american history and coinage so i find this very interesting! Happy thanksgiving all!

13. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I want it — and anything else with the buffalo! Thanks @lordmarcovan

14. lordmarcovan

@Santinidollar - this is for you*, for all that you do. No need to wait on a drawing- you get your own personal prize. Happy Holidays! PM me your address. :)

*slow-loading link there, again. Give it a sec.

15. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

I want it, for a YN such as @AidenAlexander because I already have one! Polish_20201112_213451624~3.jpg

16. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Oh well. So much for entering the first round of this awesome drawing.
    I'm looking forward to round two.

Congrats @Santinidollar and kudos to @lordmarcovan for selecting a most deserving member to receive that sweet commem.

EDIT: I just realized Santini won a buff $.05. Congrats.

I WANT THAT COMMEMORATIVE to go to the YN @Abramthegreat
    I hope we'll be luckier on this drawing Abram. Good luck to both of us. :)

17. lordmarcovan

No, no… Round 1 is still in play! @Santinidollar has not won the Mount Rushmore half. (Not yet, anyway.). We’ve still got half a day left in Round 1 as of this post. Note the link in my message to @Santinidollar, above. Since he mentioned liking Buffaloes, I am giving him his own personal prize that is a special extra item. A bonus- not a part of this contest, and not the Round 1 prize coin!

So enter if you want to! The Mount Rushmore commem is still up for grabs as of this post.

PS- OK, cool. I see you edited. Nice of you to throw your hat in for @Abramthegreat.

18. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Thanks Rob. Please take note of my post directly above yours. I did edit it after I recognized my faux pas. All good in the neighborhood. ;) Thanks again!

19. Tall Paul

Tall Paul Supporter! Supporter

Tourmaline is referred to as the garbage can of minerals because all kinds of elements show up in its crystal lattice. It is found in every color and there is even a colorless variety. There is a variety called Paraiba which is more expensive than diamonds. It was discovered in the 1980s and in its finest color can best described as a Windex blue. One of the most famous sites for tourmaline was/is in the great state of Maine. It was discovered by Lincoln's first Vice-president, A.C. Hamlin, when he was a boy. The story is that after a storm, he and a friend found a tourmaline crystal in the roots of an overturned apple tree. If you are ever within the vicinity of Bethel Maine, be sure to visit the Maine Mineral Museum. There you will find an amazing collection of Maine tourmalines.

Below is a photo of the first rock I ever collected. I was 12 when I found it by the roadside in Fishkill NY. It is a Schorl in Schist, say that five times real fast. Even though I have assembled and sold a few mineral collections this rock has always been a part of all my collections.

upload_2022-11-25_7-52-49.jpeg

20. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

@AidenAlexander hasn't been on in almost 4 months,hope he's doing fine.

21. BuffaloHunter

BuffaloHunter Short of a full herd Supporter

I want that, for @Abramthegreat !

I have a few of these already because……well, you know ……*looks at username*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.