[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #77 (Happy Thanksgiving, 2022!)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Nov 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

This contest is now CLOSED. The winner was announced in Post #80.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Here’s a fun little drawing which will be done on or shortly after Thursday, November 24, 2022. That is Thanksgiving Day here in the US, and also my 46th anniversary as a numismatist.

To enter, merely type the words “entry post” in your reply to this thread. Only one entry post per contestant.

You may also tell us what you’re thankful for, or what you like about this time of year, etc.

The prize is the second coin shown in this video. (If you also feel like commenting and/or subscribing on my brand-new YouTube coin collection channel, thanks in advance!)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Giveaway archive

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Entry post:):)thanks!! Screenshot_20221114-075431_eBay.jpg

Kurisu, kaosleeroy108, tibor and 4 others like this.
  4. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

Entry post. I’m thankful for my family, my dog, my job, friends, CoinTalk and my Standing Liberty Quarter set.

expat, dwhiz, Kasia and 2 others like this.
  5. norantyki

norantyki CoinMuncher

Entry post - fall and spring are my two favourite seasons - not too cold, not to warm, and the light has a special quality about it.

MIGuy, expat, dwhiz and 3 others like this.
  6. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

7. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Entry Post

What c class act you are, LordM..... I am thankful for many things. Bu mostly because somehow I was led down a very fortunate path somehow. One that affords me the opportunity to do for others and make my family happy (sometimes)...:rolleyes:

8. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Entry post

First I like to thank Rob for the contest...a Upper Canadian token right up my alley for my Canadian tokens..
    Speaking of Canada I like to extend a belated Thanksgiving wish for our brothers and sisters of the Great White North! Yes our Canadian neighbors calibrated their Thanksgiving Holiday on 10 /10 /22. Hope you all enjoyed,your family and loved ones!
    Now there is nothing like being home for the holidays!
    Great memories trigger by your mum preparing the dinner...
    The sense of smell awaking in your mind small images of years passed.... and the memories of the sweet smelling yams, stuffing roasting in the bird.... there's no place like home for the holidays...wishing all a happy holiday....filled with the memories of the past....and making new ones for the future.
    Happy Holidays to all.... 20211121_093457.jpg 20211121_093438.jpg 20221118_075741.jpg 20221118_075800.jpg

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
    Clawcoins, mlov43, Kurisu and 10 others like this.
  9. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Well-Known Member

Entry Post - I am thankful that ive got a loving family and i live in a country that mostly cares. Im thankful to have food on the table, and roof over my head that God has provided. I am thankful for so many wonderful things.!

Santinidollar, MIGuy, expat and 6 others like this.
  10. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Entry Post.
    I'm thankful for being alive and having my close family that I Love so much!
    1943 Quarter full.jpg

Kurisu, MIGuy, expat and 4 others like this.
  11. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

Entry Post: First I'm thankful for this contest and lordm who gives so much. I'm thankful for my health, my wife, my family and my friends. I'm thankful for the life I've had the opportunity to live and the support of many along the way. Wishing everyone a blessed and safe holiday season.

MIGuy, expat, dwhiz and 2 others like this.
  12. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Entry Post

I am thankful for still being on God's Good Earth and having family that I love. I have good health in a lot of ways and the ways that I don't have good health, I am surviving and doing the best I can, either adapting or striving to make things better. I am also pursuing some projects of my own which is always great.... to have the time and ability to do things that are pleasing to myself. And I love coins. I am very thankful I have a wonderful hobby. Life is beautiful.

1889O Morgan.jpg

SensibleSal66, Kurisu, expat and 4 others like this.
  13. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

Entry post. Should I be fortunate to win, I would like for
    @Matthew Kruse to receive this token. I am thankful for
    so many things, Family and good health. Thank you to
    @lordmarcovan for this opportunity. Happy Thanksgiving
    to all.

MIGuy, Matthew Kruse, expat and 3 others like this.
  14. lordmarcovan

Good on you, @tibor. It would be great to see @Matthew Kruse win that coin, either by your entry, or his own!

Regardless of who wins, I’ll send the giveaway coin in that fancy little wooden box. (I’m keeping the $10 gold piece, though! LOL)

Happy Holidays, everyone! :)

15. lordmarcovan

BTW, the wooden box had a $4150 price sticker on the bottom, so there’s no telling what Michael originally had in there! Even my new gold eagle didn’t cost half that much.

MIGuy, expat, dwhiz and 1 other person like this.
  16. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

always wanted a grant dollar

17. Abramthegreat

Abramthegreat Well-Known Member

Entry Post:
    I am grateful for: My family, good friends, and an opportunity to enter this contest. :)

18. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Entry Post
    I am thankful for the wisdom and common sense passed down from my forebears.
    Should my entry be chosen I would like the prize to go to @Noah Worke

19. Matthew Kruse

Matthew Kruse Young Numismatist

Entry Post
    I am thankful for my family, @lordmarcovan and @tibor ;)
    Thanks for the giveaway!
    A Canadian coin to go with the theme:
    upload_2022-11-18_10-35-35.jpeg
    upload_2022-11-18_10-35-50.jpeg

20. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Entry Post . . . .

Thanks to Rob for all you do. Thanks to CT for putting up with me . . . . .

Z

upload_2022-11-18_13-41-28.png

21. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

entry post
    I'm grateful for the good life that has been given me and the good people around me who make it better.
    That eagle is a beauty!

Another Nova Scotia Half Penny NS-5A1
    NS5A1.png

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.