[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #71 (win a coin from my personal collection)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Feb 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Let's bump this one to the top, to push it above the closed contests.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

4. AZSteve

AZSteve Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
  5. BurrosCoins

BurrosCoins Well-Known Member

Entry Post.

My interest are all over the place. I have never been able to narrow my focus on any specific genre.

I really like the Panama: 1947 Silver Balboa. My grandparents were stationed in Panama for several years with my mom and uncle. These coins remind me of all the stories they used to tell us growing up.

I also like the Morgan Dollar. I am currently working on a MS collection of Morgan’s. Some I will probably never get due to the extreme cost but still enjoy trying to build a collection.

Also like the United States (New York): nickel silver private pattern cent, Feuchtwanger's Composition, 1837. I think it’s because the image of the eagle is so powerful.

And finally love the coins with majestic animals. The Somalia: silver 100-shillings, 2014; silver bullion coinage (elephant). The Belgian Congo: brass 2-francs, 1947. And the Greece (Spartans in Taras, Calabria, Italy): silver drachm; Athena and owl, ca. 302-281 BC

As you can see hard to pick a single category. You have so many wonderful coins with interesting histories. So I guess I would pick the category B: World Coins as my category.

If I have to be selected as a winner that would be awesome, but already enjoyed just exploring part of your collection. Thank you.

lordmarcovan and Hookman like this.
  6. chlorinated

chlorinated Well-Known Member

Entry post

Hi Lord, my favorite is

German States (Teutonic Order): silver 1/4-thaler of Grand Master Maximilian of Austria, ca. 1615

I have always been a US collector but the last several years.. and drooling over your box each update ....has gotten me much more interested in the medieval time period and coins. Something about those early coins, esp6hammered is super cool!

Woukd certainly like any coin in this category.

Anyway, appreciate the generosity and keep up the great work on the box!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  7. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I’ll pass. I want to wait for #72. That’s my favorite lucky number

Paddy54 and Kentucky like this.
  8. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Wouldn’t know how to find #70 to be honest

9. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

To be honest, finding #70 wouldn't do you any good anyway. #70 is over and done with. We're currently in, and you're commenting on, #71 with #72 coming up, but regardless of which contest we're in, Lord Marcovan is a Great Guy for running these contests, don't you think?

lordmarcovan, Paddy54, expat and 8 others like this.
  10. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Just a bump.

11. Granbeck

Granbeck Active Member

Theodosius likes this.
  12. Joshg1928

Joshg1928 Active Member

Entry Post (Late) - I really like the Lithuania half grosz. Aside from its brilliant design and beautiful quality for its age, it was right at the advent of alpha numeric dates on coinage. To me, that historical significance makes it one of the more interesting pieces. I would elect Category C if I were the lucky one.

Thanks to our fearless LordM for keeping the world a bit more interesting... and "eclectic."

Theodosius, Hookman and Abramthegreat like this.
  13. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Entry post.

[​IMG]

simply amazing!

I'd got for US coins

14. mrbadexample

mrbadexample Well-Known Member

Entry post.

I do like that 3 cents. :)

I'm not a fan of ancients but also find myself strangely drawn to the Greek hekte.

I would choose category C if the small gods are kind.
    Thanks LM for the generosity and opportunity.

15. lordmarcovan

I have not forgotten about this contest, but I’ve been on hiatus again, and that’s likely to continue for a while. Until I come back and do the drawing, you may consider this still open for entries.

16. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

Thanks for the update. Happy Hiatus!

SensibleSal66 and lordmarcovan like this.
  17. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Been on hiatus...is that like your backside.....

18. lordmarcovan

More horizontal, like.

Nyatii likes this.
  19. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Who's this Hiatus Guy? :smuggrin::rolleyes:

Nyatii likes this.
  20. DeanC12

DeanC12 Active Member

Entry post
    C: US coins
    I would have to go with the 1909 vdb Lincoln wheat cent . Once again , thanks for another great contest .

lordmarcovan likes this.
  21. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Entry post
    Thank you doing this contest. I hope you are feeling better soon.
    Your Greek coin from Thrace is really impressive. I've just started learning about Greek coins and how to ID them.
    I'd love any Ancient. I'm clueless about Medieval coins though, so that would be more fun research. :)

lordmarcovan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.