[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #70 (Happy Ayyám-i-Há!)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Feb 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

Maybe one will pop up there for ya sometime. Good luck, be patient.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Wow those are rather pricy.... nice but pricy.

5. CREATIVECRHUNTER

CREATIVECRHUNTER Well-Known Member

Entry Post! : )

In reading about your mother, I noticed the last name of Dobbs. So, I felt compelled to share that my elementary school's name was Dobbs Elementary School. What a unique "coin"cidence.

As you can see by my posted pic., I am really looking forward to Spring and Summer.

Thank you for this contest. Much fun!
    Those are a beautiful set of Canadian coins. Good luck everyone.

Attached Files:

lordmarcovan likes this.
  6. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Entry post
    Cimg0163.jpg Cimg0164.jpg

lordmarcovan likes this.
  7. dlts

dlts Well-Known Member

Your Mother looks like a lovely woman Rob, and I only want to extend my sincere condolences.

Take Care,
    Denise

P.S. My sister LOVED the Winston Churchill Dollar I gave her for her 2/12/1965 birthday. Thank you for that.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  8. love old coins

love old coins Well-Known Member

Entry Post
    Here's one of several New Orleans Mint Morgans that I have and Happy Ayyám-i-Há to all! 1882-O Morgan obverse.jpg 1882-O Morgan reverse.jpg

Paddy54 and lordmarcovan like this.
  9. lordmarcovan

@love old coins - it's a handsome circulated example. I like the Morgans that did their time in commerce more than the Mint State ones that spent a century in the vaults, sometimes. And I've always liked O-mint coins.

love old coins likes this.
  10. lordmarcovan

Mission accomplished! Yay! :woot: Always happy to hook up a fellow '65 model!

dlts likes this.
  11. love old coins

love old coins Well-Known Member

Thank you Rob and I totally agree!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  12. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

Entry Post. "The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world." Not sure the origin of this...it wasn't me...was in a country song many years back but not sure if original words or not. Anyway, think about it...think about it relative to...our mothers. Mine has been gone 50 years next month but I still miss and lover her, and recognize the influence and guidance...not to mention the nurturing and sacrifice...love and tears...she shed and gave up, as so many mothers have in common for theirs. One thing I recall most about anything of coins with my mother is that she took me faithfully to the grange hall monthly coin-club meetings as a small boy because of the interest she knew I had...and from that/there a lifetime hobby was born. "The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world"...more truth in those few words than just about anything of today.

lordmarcovan and Lueds like this.
  13. Lueds

Lueds Well-Known Member

Entry Post:

In honour of Mum! Whose son reflects her values and love for others.

They may be well worn, but they seen life. Just like Mum!

1944-P 25c Obv CR-018.jpg 1944-S 25c Obv CR-019.jpg

lordmarcovan and CoinCorgi like this.
  14. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Entry Post.
    Here's one for your mom Rob:
    1944 Washington Quarter Obv.jpg 1944 Washington Quarter Rev.jpg

15. ArbySea

ArbySea Well-Known Member

Entry post.

What a nice way to celebrate your mom.

In 1944 my mom was in the old house on her family’s farm with my two older brothers waiting for dad to come home from the war.
    mom.jpg

This is the “coin” part of this post. Dad got back in 1945 and brought home this bill. I was able to add to my collection (once I was born and starting to collect). {Sorry about the alignment}.
    1944Mark.jpg

This is the “Mom memory” part of this post (thanks to @lordmarcovan’s intro to his generous giveway for triggering this). Dad stayed in the army, and our family wound up living in Germany in the early 60’s when Dad was stationed in Augsburg. I remember one particular night – Mom had set the dinner table with all kinds of food, but had forgotten the main course of German sausage. When she noted what had happened, she ran back to the kitchen, but turned around in the doorway and proudly proclaimed:“The wurst is yet to come!” She was laughing uproariously as she brought the sausage to the table. That memory always makes me smile.

16. Noah Worke

Noah Worke Well-Known Member

Entry Post
    1944 Canada 5 Cents
    As it happens, I have only the picture of the reverse, if I can get a good one of the obverse I'll edit this post to add it. I have become quite the fan of Canadians in the past few months, and picked a few of these up online. I'm sorry for the loss of your mother, I can not imagine what that must be like.
    1944Canada5CentRev.jpg

lordmarcovan likes this.
  17. APX78

APX78 Well-Known Member

Entry Post.

Here is a coin from Canada with flowers on it. It even has bees on it pollinating the flowers.
    A neat design.
    Very nice of you to honor your mom with this contest.

Canada Flowers Coin.jpg

lordmarcovan, Paddy54 and Nyatii like this.
  18. lordmarcovan

I will try to do the drawing for this contest tonight. Squeeze in your last-minute entries now, if you haven’t already entered.

19. lordmarcovan

Ooh! I like that! Stand by for the drawing...

20. lordmarcovan

The random number generator has chosen lucky number...

26!

26.png

And Post #26 was by @mrweaseluv !

Congratulations, Weaselbritches! You've got yerself some shiny Canadian coins a'comin'! :)

I'm sure I still have your address somewhere, but do please send it to me again. I'll message you. Happy Ayyám-i-Há!

Edit: never mind- I found your address from last November, so unless you moved within the last four months, I reckon we're good. Mailing it now.

CREATIVECRHUNTER and expat like this.
  21. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.