[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #65 (pick your prize)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Nov 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

12/01/21: This contest is now CLOSED. Winner was announced in Post #67.

LordM Giveaway #65 (pick your prize)

This giveaway is brought to you by Mister Bojangles. I did not name Bo after that old song, though I do love the song, too. Actually, I named the cat "Bojangles" by mistake. That's another (kind of dumb) story. I'll tell it if you ask.

[​IMG]

Hello, and welcome to the latest giveaway. :)

This is my monthly "pick-your-prize" contest for November, 2021.

To enter this giveaway:

1. Type the words "entry post" at the top of your entry. You may reply to this thread multiple times, but only one entry post per contestant.

2. Tell us how you might hypothetically spend your prize voucher if you win. The prize is a $25 ("pick your prize") credit from my inventory. You may always change your mind later, if you actually win. I just like to hear in advance which items people find appealing, and why. If your prize selection(s) total less than $25, I will add additional gift coins to your package to round up the total. You may also choose prize(s) worth more than $25, but would owe me the difference if that is the case. Your prize here is the $25 voucher plus free worldwide shipping.

Update: thanks to a surprise $25 matching-prize donation from @tibor, the winner of this contest will receive a $50 credit rather than the usual $25! Thank you, @tibor!

I will try to add some additional items to the inventory list by the end of the month. I remain woefully behind in getting all my new stuff photographed and listed.

Alternately, if you do not feel like entering the contest on your own behalf, you may nominate another CoinTalk member to receive your prize instead. Just name your designated member. Then if you do win the drawing, your nominee will get the prize credit.

Entries from international members are welcome. As usual, there is no shipping charge nor any strings attached. Minors, please get your parents' permission to receive items in the mail.

The random drawing should take place on or around December 1st, 2021, but if it happens to get delayed by my absence, you may consider the contest to still be open and running until I return and announce its closing.

Numismatic Regards,

~Robertson ("Rob") Shinnick ("lordmarcovan")
    Golden Isles of Georgia, November 3, 2021

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Giveaway archive

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Entry post the barber half:):).

lordmarcovan likes this.
  4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Entry post e8104857769548cb8eae8fafcb6bcadb.jpg
    Since im only 5 away from completion of the series this little indian would be a nice bright spot in the Wayte Ramond boards.
    Once again thanks Rob for all you do for the hobby.

5. Lueds

Lueds Well-Known Member

Entry Post:

Thanks again @lordmarcovan for your continued generosity.

My choice would be my first ancient

Roman Empire (Gallic Secessionist): bronze antoninianus of Victorinus, Cologne mint, ca. 270-271 AD

6. EvanCrook1

EvanCrook1 Member

Entry Post

[​IMG]

I have always been a fan of early coppers, and this one right here stood out to me.
    I am digging the details on this picture:)

7. EvanCrook1

EvanCrook1 Member

(In case the picture didnt pop up, it was the 1848 One Cent)

8. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

Entry Post. Should my number be drawn I will let our most generous
    Lord Marcovan pick a YN to be the winner. I will match the winning
    prize with an equal $25. A total of $50 from our generous LM and myself.
    Should an adult win I will also match that prize with $25. A total of
    $50 for the adult winner from LM and myself. This is my way of being Thankful
    to LM for all he does for us on this forum and for the wonderful life
    that I am more than blessed to have. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!!

9. Matthew Kruse

Matthew Kruse Young Numismatist

Entry Post

I’d pick the Walking Liberty half. I haven’t been working much on the album recently :dead:

Thanks for another great giveaway @lordmarcovan!

And to Mister Bojangles: (I’m a huge Simpsons fan :))

10. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Entry Post -- I would love the $26 Flying Eagle Cent , Please ? Thanks for another great Contest !!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  11. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Entry post

Thanks for another awesome giveaway. I like the Lithuanian half-gz you have up. One of these days I will win and get it.

[​IMG]

12. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Entry Post.

Good question. I don't exactly know what I would spend my credit on assuming I won. However, that Gallic antoninianus of Victorinus would be my first choice as of now.

[​IMG]

13. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

Entry Post.
    1956 Quarter. Reason: Simply because I don't have one. Hahahaha. Thank you for running the contest.

Kasia, lordmarcovan and Evan Saltis like this.
  14. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

A bit of trivia about "bojangles".. most people think that song is about sammy davis jr, but they couldn't be more wrong... Mr Bojangles was one of sammy's idols... Mr Bill "Bojangles" Robinson. If the name doesn't ring a bell, he was the tall skinny black man that danced with Shirley Temple :D his name was not originaly in the credits but were added years later...
    3230003_vert-e48491782346faeace6292d75434a480c7c6e24c.jpg

15. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Cool bit of trivia @mrweaseluv Thnx for sharing. Glad to hear he got his comeuppance in the credits.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  16. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

ENTRY POST

I'm still loving the silver Capped Bust Half.

Thanks for your unending generosity with your giveaways Rob. Too kind for words.

Good luck everyone.

PS - @tibor that's also a very generous gesture on your part. Kudos and thanks.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  17. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Entry Post.

I would like your....

4cb341adb8db42ba824420f0a545a11c.jpeg

I like the sound of silver. I have no walking liberty coins. I would spend it on ice cream (hypothetically). It would make a nice addition to my small silver stack.

Normy says hi...
    10866030_674272659360002_1828656568654275507_o.jpg

tibor and lordmarcovan like this.
  18. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

Good morning!
    Entry post, please.
    Another wonderfully amazing contest, your lordship.
    If i won, I'd go for more "@lordmarcovan" produced booty, elongated stuff, please.
    Thank you again, for your continued generosity. Good luck to all the participants.
    (No cats, sorry. I have a pet Rock, but the pics always look so emotionless)

lordmarcovan likes this.
  19. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

Nicely done!

Paddy54 and lordmarcovan like this.
  20. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

And now a bit of trivia about Mister Bojangles the Cat, above (this is the "kind of dumb" story I alluded to in the intro):

I found Bo when he was a feral kitten living in the bushes behind a Cajun-style fast food chicken restaurant. He was living off scraps the restaurant workers would toss at him when they were taking out the trash. He was a "dumpster kitty".

Anway, I thought it was a Bojangles restaurant (we had those up in NC when I lived there). So I named him "Bojangles", of course.

The problem I later realized is that we do not in fact have Bojangles restaurants here in Glynn County, GA. I got my Cajun fast food chains mixed up. Bo was actually captured in a Popeye's parking lot. So he really should have been named "Popeye"! But "Bojangles" stuck. I like the name more anyway.

Yes, good on you, @tibor!

@spirityoda - I thought of your Normy and Gucci when I saw this clip recently, which cracked me up. It's part of a whole series of green screen movie parodies this guy does with his cat, OwlKitty. I'm a big OwlKitty fan! Gorgeous cat. Funny clips.

Theodosius, Lueds, mrweaseluv and 3 others like this.
  21. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Entry Post.

Thanks once again, oh Lord.

For me, I would like the Barber Half Dollar, 1899 O,

I love them Barbers.

lordmarcovan and Paddy54 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.