[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #57 (three prize drawings, including gold)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMP Shogun

IMP Shogun Well-Known Member

Entry post. I’d go with the Barber Dime if I won right now, tomorrow Who knows!

I do own a gold coin my first was a 1/10 ounceGold Eagle

Theodosius likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Well-Known Member

I have never owned a gold coin. If I won something else, I might pick the Mexico 2 reales, Barber half, or FE cent.

4. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

pssst, hey @KBBPLL don't forget the rules. You need to put 'Entry Post' on your first post declaring you entered into the drawing. /whisper

Good luck in the drawing @KBBPLL

lordmarcovan likes this.
  5. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Hey, welcome to September, everyone! I can't tell you how glad I am that August is finally over! Now there's just a few weeks of steamy discomfort left here in coastal Georgia, before we can move into fall! I'm ready!

Speaking of ready, are y'all ready for some prize drawings? Well, stand by... :)

6. masterswimmer

7. lordmarcovan

Oops, work intervened there for a sec. ;)

masterswimmer likes this.
  8. lordmarcovan

Let's give away that little gold piece, first.

Someone here is about to get their first gold coin! (Well, technically a token, in this case.)

Matthew Kruse likes this.
  9. lordmarcovan

The first eligible entry post drawn for the gold token drawing was #19.

19.png

Post #19 was by @Matthew Kruse !
    Congratulations, @Matthew Kruse! :)

You can now no longer say, "I don't own any gold coins"!

Well, OK, there is that technicality about this being a token rather than a true legal tender coin, so you could still say that, but ... eh... you know what I mean. ;)

The point is, you've got a free piece of gold coming your way. I will of course need your shipping address.

Numismatic Regards,

~Robertson ("Rob") Shinnick ("LordM")

Prize A:

Mexico: gold fantasy token portraying Emperor Maximilian, "1868" (ca. 1949-1960s)

[​IMG]
    Obverse: MAXIMILIANO EMPERADOR; bust of Maximilian I of Mexico right.
    Reverse: IMPERIO MEXICANO; eagle, "1868" fantasy date, wreath below.
    Issuer: Private mint, struck circa 1949-1960s.
    Specifications: Gold, 22K (approx. .916 fine), diameter 12 mm, weight 0.4 g, die axis 12h.
    Provenance: Ex-JAZ Numismatics Auction #177, 12 March 2021.
    Commentary: This was acquired from one of @John Anthony 's private auctions. I have copied and pasted his description below:

"Mexican gold tokens started being produced in 1949 by various private mints. They range from 8k to 22k, and some varieties were struck in silver. Most of the types are related to Maximilian, who ruled Mexico from 1864 to 1867. These are fantasy tokens but are frequently misrepresented on eBay and elsewhere as bona fide Mexican 1-peso coins. They were made for collectors, jewelry use, as tourist trinkets, and wedding gifts. Although many were used as wedding tokens, none are marked as such. This token tested out at 22 karats, which is about .916 fine."

10. lordmarcovan

Now it is time to do the drawings for Prize B and Prize C, each of which are $25 "pick your prize" vouchers from my inventory.

Stand by...

11. masterswimmer

@Matthew Kruse congrats on an awesome win!!! That's one great giveaway.

Kudos as always, to @lordmarcovan on another phenomenal giveaway.

12. lordmarcovan

The next drawing, for Prize B, was for a $25 credit from my inventory.

The lucky number in this drawing was #52.

52.png

Post #52 was by @Neal !

Congratulations, @Neal! You have a $25 credit. That puts the Victorinus antoninianus within your reach, if that's still the prize you want! :)

You are, of course, welcome to change your mind and spend your credit voucher any way you see fit.

Naturally, I will need your shipping address, and will be in touch with you and the other winners shortly.

Numismatic Regards,
    ~Robertson ("Rob") Shinnick ("LordM")

Roman Empire (Gallic Secessionist): bronze antoninianus of Victorinus, Cologne mint, ca. 270-271 AD
    [​IMG]
    Inventory #210812-11.

Obverse: IMP C VICTORINVS P F AVG, radiate, draped and cuirassed bust of the Gallic emperor Victorinus right.
    Reverse: SALVS AVG; Salus standing left, feeding snake arising from altar and holding sceptre.

RIC 71. Cologne mint. 270-271 AD. Ex-David Connors, May 2020.

13. masterswimmer

Congrats @Neal , I like your choice of prizes. I have zero ancients and the one you potentially selected is eye candy for sure!

Rob, should I say it again? Yeah, what the heck. You rock dude!

14. lordmarcovan

The next winning number was drawn for Prize C, which is also a $25 credit from my inventory.

The lucky number was #154.

Post #154 was by me, but it was to tally @mrweaseluv's secondary entry from the Collectors Universe site. So he won it through his CU entry rather than the one he made here.

154.png

So @mrweaseluv is the winner of Prize C!

Congratulations, @mrweaseluv! You have a $25 voucher. You previously mentioned an interest in the 1866/1866 repunched date Shield nickel. That one is still available, but since it is priced for more than $25, (@ $57), you would owe me the difference (32 bucks) if you want that one. Your prize here is of course the $25 voucher, and no purchase is necessary for the contest. (You'd only be paying for an upgrade from the $25 prize.)

Now, I do have another Shield nickel - an 1882 - in my new inventory, which as of this writing has not yet been added to my little vestpocket store stuff.

It too appears to have a repunched date. (I gather those are somewhat common on Shield nickels.) It is a $29 coin in VG, per Numismedia. I'd have to check the price I paid for it when I get home, but I'd say there's a good chance I could do that one for the $25 voucher, without it costing you any money.

But the 1882 is of the No Rays type, rather than the With Rays type of the 1866. I don't know whether you need the later type for your type set.

Of course you may spend the $25 voucher on anything that's currently available- or ask about the new stuff I haven't added yet, if there's something you're specifically interested in.

Anyway, I'll be in touch, and we'll sort it out. :)

~RWS/"LM"

The 1866. Would require an additional $32 "upgrade fee" on top of the $25 prize voucher. (= $57.)
    [​IMG]

The 1882. As-yet unpriced new inventory, but likely available for the $25 voucher without any additional amount. (I'll check.)
    [​IMG]

DEA, potty dollar 1878, Neal and 2 others like this.
  15. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Another fantastic competition. A massive thank you to @lordmarcovan and a hearty congratulation to all the winners. Enjoy your prizes

DEA, Matthew Kruse and lordmarcovan like this.
  16. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

Big Gratz to Matt and Neal oh yeah me too lol TYTY LordM.. I'll give you a shout later today when I'm awake enough to make a choice :D

17. masterswimmer

Congrats @mrweaseluv those are some awesome shields you're considering.

Rob, this is like deja vu all over again ;) Kudos and may spectacular karma rain upon you.

18. lordmarcovan

All winners have one month (from now until October 1st) to claim their prizes.

But since all three are fairly active on the site (and I’ve already heard from @mrweaseluv), I don’t think the dreaded “disappeared contest winner syndrome” will apply this time around. :)

19. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

Congrats winners

lordmarcovan likes this.
  20. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Congrat's to all the Winners !! Enjoy !:happy:

lordmarcovan likes this.
  21. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Congrats to the winners and many thanks to LM.

lordmarcovan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.