[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #45 (pick your prize)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Oct 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

This post (#81) is the entry post for Bkins1880 on Collectors Universe.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

This post (#82) is the entry post for Mrbarlint on Collectors Universe.

4. Itsjoe49

Itsjoe49 Member

Entry post

I just bought a Kennedy half dollar album and plan to try and finish that up in the future. I only have about 10-15 different dates to put in there so far, but this will give me something to search for as I try to fill it out!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  5. Mike Davis

Mike Davis Well-Known Member

Entry Post

Attached Files:

6. Kliao

Kliao Member

Something else I like. 19th century proofs. Wish I could afford the higher end ones bit I’m happy with what I can afford.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  7. RoseWesche

RoseWesche Official "Crazy Cat Lady"

Well no matter what the value is, I do appreciate the chance to win. Right now my collection is still very small compared to other members but hopefully I’ll be able to one day add a coin or two to the giveaway myself!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  8. lordmarcovan

Ditto.

9. Peter Economakis

Peter Economakis Well-Known Member

Entry post!
    Just this morning I got a very decent 1917 wheatback!
    Problem is I went to maby 6 stores and didn't notice which store:(
    Not that they would give me their change anyways if I dared to even ask.
    This one i'm guessing had to be a customers collection roll, it was to nice for being a 1917 in circulation.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  10. kkm

kkm Active Member

Entry post

Something coin-related (marginally): I am taking a psychology course, and I am learning about a process called "encoding failure"--the inability to remember details because they were never committed to memory in the first place. The example my textbook gave showed a grid of Lincoln cents and asked the reader to pick out which one had the correct design. Naturally, I picked out the "correct" penny, but I realized that people who don't devote conscious attention to coins (the majority of people) would probably have no idea. Likewise, there are so many things that each of us have no memory of due to lack of interest or necessity. What did you eat for breakfast 12 days ago? Anyways, thought that was interesting.

11. lordmarcovan

This post (#90) is the entry post for kkm on Collectors Universe (who also posted #89 above under his CoinTalk ID, @kkm).

12. lordmarcovan

This post (#91) is the entry post for Mgarmy on Collectors Universe.

13. lordmarcovan

This post (#92) is the entry post for ZoidMeister on Collectors Universe (who is also a member here, though I don't see an entry under his CoinTalk ID yet).

As previously mentioned, it is OK for you to make one entry post on each site, if you're a member of both CoinTalk and Collectors Universe. One entry post per member per site is allowed.

14. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

entry post :D (thanks again) now lets see coin related.... How about the guardians of my coins :D Nimue and P.I.T.A (the black spotch in the shade) :D and I'll thow in my new Merc just to be sure lol still can't believe i got it for a 20 :D 20200916_131246.jpg 1935sf.jpg 1935sr.jpg

15. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Entry post.

Well, I'll rectify my omission by posting a recent exonumia piece I recently acquired.

I've been on a "religious medal" appreciation kick as of late. The designers of the Papal medals between the mid 1800's and mid 1900's really seem to have raised the bar on their art.

There are a variety of artisans who produced some stellar designs engraved into dies, then stamped into bronze. Bianchi, Weiner, Giampaoli are but a few.

Today I received this one. it is a 1964 Pope Paul VI 2nd year annual medal commemorating the 400th anniversary of Michelangelo's death.

I find this medal visually stunning . . . .

Z

Pope Paul VI - Giampaoli - La Pieta -  reverse.JPG

Pope Paul VI - Giampaoli - La Pieta -  obverse.JPG

BuffaloHunter and lordmarcovan like this.
  16. OutsiderSubtype

OutsiderSubtype Well-Known Member

Entry Post

coin-outsider-collection-O3CvpO-stitched-basic-large.jpg
    Sasanian Empire. Khosrau II. Dated regnal year 33, approx. 623 CE. Silver drachm. 32mm, 4.12g. Susa mint. Obverse: Bust right, wearing mural crown with frontal crescent, two wings, and star-in-crescent. Ribbons and crescents on shoulders. Stars flanking crown. Double border, star-in-crescents. Reverse: Fire altar with ribbons flanked by two attendants. Star and crescent flanking flames. Triple border with star-in-crescents in margin. Göbl type II/2, Mochiri 486, Paruck 447, Sunrise 985 var.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  17. Ruskoinabiscuit

Ruskoinabiscuit New Member

Entry Post.

Just found these cool German porcelain coins!

FEFC2714-E770-4702-BAAC-0B49819585CD.jpeg 1CC06251-69E1-486C-B057-70BD2DF66D7D.jpeg

ZoidMeister and lordmarcovan like this.
  18. lordmarcovan

I'm thinking of adding some of those to my stock soon. Some will likely be giveaway eligible. I had already ordered some a few months ago, but the order was mishandled by the dealer. I eventually got a refund, but no porcelain coins... yet.

19. lordmarcovan

This post (#98) is the entry post for Testoon on Collectors Universe.

20. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

entry post

IMG_0030 (1).jpg
    Scan0001.jpg

BuffaloHunter and lordmarcovan like this.
  21. bruthajoe

bruthajoe Still Recovering

Jersey magic man likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.