[CLOSED] LordM & Friends CoinTalk Giveaway #37

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Mar 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

1. Entry Post
    2. No price too small for a "problem coin" right? Below is a picture of a coin I used to own that I got for a truly great price, and IIRC ended up selling for a profit after a short amount of time. Emphasis on short, as that spot on the second star to the right bothered me to no end. (And if it doesn't bother you too, you're lying. :smuggrin:) Don't own any Indians these days, but they are still one of my most beloved designs.

[​IMG]
    3. 3, 8, 4, 1, 7, 6, 5, 9, 2

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Nathan F

Nathan F Well-Known Member

image.jpg image.jpg Entry Post

Thought I would share my favourite coin I got this year. I’m 16 so it’s pretty big for my collection. I’ve always had a sweet spot for French coins and this is a really nice one. It’s also a really nice piece of history as Napoleon III loses the Franco-Prussian War three years later.

History+beauty=perfect coin

I would be very grateful to win anything but preference:

Thanks a million to donors!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  4. Dillon Langford

Dillon Langford New Member

entry post 7,8,6,3 all the coins and prizes are awesome thanks for a chance to win these nice coins i really like the doubled die

Attached Files:

Hookman likes this.
  5. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

Entry post
    Here is a nice Ptolemy hockey puck.
    28838442-168A-4C43-9EF1-37E9B6B1CDA5.jpeg 127FFC44-05F3-409B-8B69-3EE992CCCE82.jpeg

Attached Files:

lordmarcovan, Hookman and Theodosius like this.
  6. Mark1971

Mark1971 Active Member

Entry Post.
    I got two wheat cents in change last week: 1916 and 1942s.
    Prize order: 6, 8, 3, 1, 7, 9, 2, 5, 4

7. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Good Luck in the drawing all!!!

8. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Hi. Happy April. I'll be back to do the drawings soon.

9. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Stay safe!

Hookman and MontCollector like this.
  10. lordmarcovan

Jumping right in to the drawing...

The first lucky number drawn was #14.

Post #14 was by @bradgator2!
    @bradgator2- you get your first pick; Prize #6, which was donated by @Mainebill. Y'all get together via private message.

11. lordmarcovan

12. bradgator2

bradgator2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. lordmarcovan

14. lordmarcovan

The next lucky number drawn was #17.

Post #17 was by @Hookman!

@Hookman, you won your first choice; Prize #4, which was donated by @trogdor. Y'all get together via private message.

15. lordmarcovan

The next lucky number drawn was #76.

Post #76 was by @PlanoSteve.

@PlanoSteve - you get your second choice, Prize #1, which was donated by me. That's the "pick your prize" wildcard, so pick anything from this list and let me know what you want. I think I have your address, but send it to me again, just to be sure.

Oh- I also just got a couple of decent little half dimes, an 1870 nickel 3-cent piece, a 1913 Type 1 Buffalo nickel, and a nice little Roman Provincial ancient bronze, none of which have been added to the prize list yet, but any one of which you're eligible for, so be sure to ask me for further details on those if you're interested.

16. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

Congrats to the winners ! Thanks lordmarcoven for the contest!

Hookman and lordmarcovan like this.
  17. lordmarcovan

The next lucky number drawn was #96.

Post #96 was by @mrbadexample!
    @mrbadexample - you won your first choice; Prize #9, which was donated by @Dillon Langford.

However, since I happen to know you're in the UK, and I strongly suspect that particular prize would cost more to ship across the Atlantic than the coins themselves are worth, it presents a small dilemma.

If @Dillon Langford doesn't mind shipping it to you, and going through the customs form and all that, I'll be happy to reimburse his shipping costs.

Or he could ship them to me. I would then throw them into the prize kitty for another time, and send you a PayPal gift instead, for simplicity's sake.

Whichever way y'all prefer to proceed is fine with me.

18. lordmarcovan

The next lucky number drawn was #46.

Post #46 was by @ungawhaa!
    @ungawhaa, you won your fourth choice; Prize #8, which was donated by @Santinidollar. Y'all get together via private message.

19. lordmarcovan

The next lucky number drawn was #51.

Post #51 was by @fretboard.
    @fretboard- your first and only selection (Prize #7) is taken, so you get to choose between Prize #2 (donated by me) or Prize #5 (donated by @dwhiz). Let us know which prize you'd prefer (by replying here), and then get together with the donor of that prize via private message.

Edit: @dchjr won Prize #2 in the subsequent drawing below, so that would leave Prize #5 for you.

However, since I have multiple sets of Prize #2 (my custom elongated coins), you may still have a set of those if you prefer. If that's the case, @dwhiz can send Prize #5 to me, and I'll send you a duplicate set of Prize #2.

Just let us know whether you prefer #2 or #5.

Theodosius, dwhiz, Hookman and 2 others like this.
  20. lordmarcovan

Our final lucky number drawn was #84.

Post #84 was by @dchj!
    @dchjr - you won your sixth choice, Prize #2, which was donated by me. Send me your shipping address in a private message, please.

21. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Congrats to all the winners!!

Thanks for the contest @lordmarcovan. Hope you and your are staying happy and healthy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.