[CLOSED] LordM & Friends CoinTalk Giveaway #37

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Mar 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Rose, I'll tell you honestly, that I am not qualified to give you a value on anything except the dryer coin, and that is 1 cent. lol
    Now there are other members who can give you an estimate of value on those, but you can also go to eBay and research the "completed listings" for those particular errors. That will give you some numbers to look at that actually represent what similar coins sold for in the recent past.
    My personal opinion is that the capped die coin will have the largest premium, followed by the lam error. Since the lam errors are not extremely strong on the coin, the value will probably not be that much.
    Good Luck Rose, and please let us know how things turn out.

RoseWesche likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Actually.. I just see a picture of normal minted coins. o_O

4. Hookman

" Say it ain't so, Joe. Say it ain't so. "

5. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

Entry Post. 6, 7,8,3,1,2,9,4,5
    IMG_4009.JPG

lordmarcovan and SchwaVB57 like this.
  6. DEA

DEA Well-Known Member

Entry Post - 9 5 8 6 7 3 1 4 2

Probably not the best place but it is coin related. Amidst a swap on Numista, I failed to send my Numista colleague one of the coins he was likely most interested in - a 1930 Canadian one-cent. While searching for it (yes, I found it and put it in the mail), I noticed that one of my spare 1929 one-cents had a smaller diameter than the other cents of the same type (KM 28) - even other 1929s. If one looks closely, one can see that the text is much closer to the edge than the other 1929s. For example, on the reverse, the As in Canada on the coins to the left and right don't touch the edge; but on the one in the middle the As do touch the edge. All that said, what's your opinion? No error? Wrong planchet? Correct planchet (or blank) but too forcefully edged? Post-mint damage (PMD)? Just a normal occurrence? I'm seeing things?

Canada-cent-1929.jpg

7. Hookman

That is odd.

8. ArbySea

ArbySea Well-Known Member

entry post

6, 1, 3, 8, 7, 9, 5, 4, 2

I also add my thanks to LordM and friends for this.

After several decades away, I’m finally getting back into coin collecting. I now go through rolls from my bank on a regular basis. I am primarily trying to bring my collection (business strikes) up to date. I don’t purchase (or haven’t yet) proof sets, so my collection doesn’t have the modern “S” mint coins. However, over the last few months I have found two proofs in the rolls of quarters I got from the bank. I was greatly surprised, more than a little excited, but also dismayed to find any circulating proofs. Most of the reasons I could think of for my finds did not involve a happy story.

S20200312_0009.jpg S20200312_0010.jpg S20200312_0020 (2).jpg S20200312_0016 (2).jpg

9. RoseWesche

RoseWesche Official "Crazy Cat Lady"

@paddyman98, I thought lamination issues were considered a mint error. Did I read the information about that incorrectly? Or are there specific types of lamination issues that are considered errors while others are considered PMD? I appreciate the help and the info both. Thank you.

Hookman likes this.
  10. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

Entry post
    5B43C942-5A3B-4051-BF1C-ADA4BD128D07.jpeg

lordmarcovan, Hookman and Theodosius like this.
  11. Devyn5150

Devyn5150 Well-Known Member

I’m not sure what the intended use for the 2 pieces are, were. An eBay seller of their piece claimed it a decorative hanging plate. I ain’t gonna use it as an ashtray.

Teasing? Uhm, maybe. For the $15 cad no tax purchase price, I probably got a deal as opposed to buying an UNC set. Yeah I want just the coins in hand but I won’t destroy the art that the piece is just to have them.

lordmarcovan, Hookman and PlanoSteve like this.
  12. Chip Kirkpatrick

Chip Kirkpatrick Well-Known Member

13. TONYBRONX

TONYBRONX Well-Known Member

ENTRY POST
    PRIZE CHOICES: 7 Chuck A, 3 Schavb57, Prize 38 Number 1 Giveaway (1954S Franklin half MS-64).

Wanted every one to know about the kindness of the members on this site!
    A very kind senior member had a new looking book he was offering to members,. It was a book about Repunched mintmarks on Lincoln cents, the book looks like it just came from the book store! See Photo attached!
    I replied that I might want the book, and entered my info. Thinking I did not have a chance.
    Low and behold the booked arrived in the mail!
    Such a example of Pure Kindness!

IMG_20200316_171624.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  14. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Entry post
    1 3 5 6 7. Sorry. I tried. But couldn't load a picture. But i did find 4 lowell w's along with 2 w guams. Best i can do. I wanna win our Lords Columbus coin treasure

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    lordmarcovan and Hookman like this.
  15. Hookman

An excellent book from an excellent member. Coin Talkers have large hearts.

16. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Entry Post

I love to collect rolls of Bank of America (and any other bank for that matter) wrapped coins. Here is my most recent acquisition of a $25 bank wrapped roll of Susan B Anthony Dollars. I love it!

3-5-7-9-8-6-1-2-4

Thanks Lord M and glad to see you back!

6A88F6EA-045A-4AC9-8715-862D6B84D08D.jpeg 79150F73-04C2-45EB-B509-9A7A967AD7C2.jpeg

lordmarcovan and Matthew Kruse like this.
  17. mrbadexample

mrbadexample Well-Known Member

Entry post: 9,6,7,8,1,3 if the gods are kind.

Just got back from Cyprus. The coin & stamp shop in Limassol was a bust, as everything was either 1. Polished, 2. Modern, 3. Hopelessly overpriced or 4. A combination of any or all of 1-3.

I did find a Turkish 10 kurus in the airport car park, and a Ukranian 10 kopiyok in the hire car. :)

Oh, and a semi-threatened Cyprus bee orchid, Ophrys kotschyi.

DSCF4586s.jpg

18. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Entry Post

Just picked up one of these the other day. Didn't know they had 1.5 oz coins.

Photo borrowed from Numista.
    arctic.jpg

My preferences are

Thanks for another great contest.

Hookman and lordmarcovan like this.
  19. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

6DCDBF52-3CC3-4690-8F5A-852D84AA3166.jpeg 72A0D08B-B1CE-4D03-88C0-4F4F5475F8E0.jpeg BF2A182C-C1C3-4E86-B4C8-30CDE2A8C5CA.jpeg 76D726D6-70D9-45AB-A816-DDF1093ABEE7.jpeg Entry post. 1,8,7,3,6,9,2,4
    A little piece my father picked up on a stroll through Europe.
    Carried a machine gun across the Remagen bridge and ran it 2 hours. Lost 2 ammo carriers shot next to him

lordmarcovan, Hookman and dchjr like this.
  20. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Visited the site 30 yrs after the war...you could actually envision he action that occurred there...have many pics somewhere in my archives. (I was then in the 3rd Armored Div. - Spearhead) ;)

Went to Half Price Books to see if I could find a copy of the book...did find it :happy:...$175! :jawdrop:

lordmarcovan, Hookman and Heavymetal like this.
  21. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Entry Post!

I posted this on another thread but think it's kind of neat:
    JK's Western Coin Coll - Obv.jpg JK's Western Coin Coll - Rev.jpg

lordmarcovan and Hookman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.